Author Topic: Done deals  (Read 14284 times)

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
  • Fell Points: 1
    • View Profile
Done deals
« on: December 13, 2003, 11:21:22 PM »
Is there some kind of archive where we could send the games that aren't active any more, and that won't be active ever again?  It seems like Patriot City is that Way, and that Avast Ye! is probably headed there too.  

It's not really a problem having them up, but nobody's really using them and, well, maybe I'm just a clean freak.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Re: Done deals
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2003, 08:50:02 PM »
Personally i like to print out all the pages, dip them in tomato juice, and then try to give my cat papercuts with them.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2003, 09:12:13 PM »
?

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2003, 09:15:00 PM »
pwned.  ;D
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Lieutenant Kije

• Level 33
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2003, 08:56:53 PM »
Maybe I should have mentioned Back for Seconds instead of Avast Ye! as a candidate for possibly dead games.  It would be more accurate, that way.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2004, 09:15:01 AM »
So are the forum games for the most part all dead?  The only one updateing is JP's.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2004, 09:33:09 AM »
I'm preparing a statement. I don't know when I'll present it though. I refuse to put myself on a time line.
Actually I might as well just make a commitment.

I'm not doing AORP anymore, I think. I'm bad about updating, and that's exactly what makes me angry about some Web comics, so I feel bad about not doing it. even when I do update regularly, I don't post much quality. I just don't know where I'm going half the time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still very attached to the story. I know exactly where i'm going to end up, but htere's a lot of encounters and info that has to be revealed before then, and I keep forgetting the order and what I'm building to in the immediate future. That means I forget stuff, or the wrong things happen as I hurry to post.

I don't have the time to do my writing right now, even, and giving AORP the attention it would need to be quality is not going to help me manage my time better.

So much as I hate to do it (I love some of the characters you guys have done) I'm going to have to finally admit that I'm not coming back to do this regularly enough to make it worthwhile.

I'll try to find the time to write out what I had planned for the future and the consequences of actions and what was happening to some characters that no one knew about (sometimes including the characters themselves). Feel free to go to the AORP forum and reveal any dirty little secrets your character was hiding, if any.

Thanks for playing guys, it was fun. I just can't do it anymore.

Brian

• Level 10
  • Wisdom is the Pure Application of Knowledge.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2004, 08:09:51 PM »
AORP is Dead! Long live AORP!

Eric, it has been a true pleasure from the beginning to the end to participate in this game. I know that toward the end some others found they were posting more out of duty than enjoyment, but that was never the case for me as you know -- I never tired of it.

Anyway. I realize my character (Providian) was never central to the overarching plot, but I'd definitely be interested in knowing what, if anything, was intended to happen to him. Otherwise, I respect the decision.

Perhaps at some point I'll attempt running a game here myself. In the meantime, here's hoping I don't completely lose touch.

Goodbye AORP!

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2004, 08:18:36 PM »
I still think you should have just asked for someone else to take over. I'm sure someone would be interested. Arthurian isn't quite up my alley, so i probably would be hesitant to do so.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2004, 10:29:08 PM »
I don't think anyone was prepared to do so, or willing for that matter.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2004, 07:09:17 AM »
Ya I'd figure that trying to take over something as epic as AORP wouldn't be an easy task.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2004, 05:26:42 PM »
Oh, sad.

Saint, let me know if there's anything I can help you with on the write up. It will have to be soon though. My husband and I are moving the first of May, and we probably won't be able to afford internet either. *sob*
" If i ever need a pen-name I'd choose EUOL, just to confuse everyone. " --Entropy

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2004, 05:34:04 PM »
Thats sad MoD. Thats one less person to yatter at on the forum :(

Good luck (not good lich, which while interesting is hardly a nice thing to say) on the house moving :)

Fellfrosch

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2004, 09:45:32 PM »
...can't afford INTERNET?  What's up with that?  And where are you moving?
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2004, 10:16:46 PM »
you CAN get Internet for free, you know.