Alternate Realities > What's this?

Contemplating starting a new ORPG

(1/2) > >>

42:
So I'm thinking I'd like to start a new on-line rpg. Like the last one I did, it will likely run for only a couple of months, so people who aren't willing to post more than once a week need not apply.

What I'm thinking of is that I would like to run a campaign in Mystara.

Yes this would be D&D. Mystara is the setting originally invented by Dave Arneson. It was the setting used by original/basic D&D.

I'm trying to dig up info about Mystara, but what I can tell you is that it is kind of a swashbuckling 14th century fantasy setting. The part that interests me is that there are no gods, instead there are immortals. Immortals were once people/adventurers who became so powerful that they gain immortality and then went on to be gods in places like Faerun.

So I'm thinking the campaign would be a D&D epic campaign in Mystara.

Thought? Opinions?

The Jade Knight:
Forgive my ignorance - I've done a bit of online RPing, in the form of FFRP, simming on forums, dueling, chatroom RP, etc.

But how does one RP using a traditional system in a "post" setting?

42:
Kind of like how we've done the other games on TWG. AORP being the longest running.

The games system is justs to give a refernce, it doesn't really dictate too much of what happens. The games are all awefully similar regardless of the RPG system used.

It is kind of slow, but diverting none-the-less.

The Jade Knight:
Ah.  I think I take care of any board-based RPing I desire over at www.warhammeronlineforum.com .

42:
Traitor

So where do you go when you don't want to play in the Warhammer world?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version