Local Authors > Stephanie Fowers

The Challenge of the Query letter

(1/3) > >>

guitarbabe:
So, this is mostly to get myself to stop procrastinating, but I've set a date for myself. I've found the top five agents and publishers I'm interested in, and now I'll be sending out five simultaneous query letters by Feb 15th. See, now I'm committed. I HAVE to do it.

Oh, and for those, who are interested (after the great query letter debate), I probably will be sending out a SASE with these (darn it, now I have to go buy some stamps). Savage is right. The no SASE tip is too scary. I just don't want to take any chances of seeming unprofessional or arrogant. Stupid? Maybe. Oh well. And I did say PROBABLY...who knows what my mindset will be in fifteen days.

Anyhoo, if anyone wants to go for it with me, that would be so cool. You don't have to send in five, it could just be one...I'm just trying this out as an experiment really. We could be a support group here. Oh, and be sure to tell what you put in your query letter (well, you know, not a blow by blow play if you know what I mean?)--but like what kind of package you put together (1 pg ms sample, pictures? style of query letter, that kind of thing).

But I will report what happens...(gulp) even the rejections!

Eric James Stone:
I'll take that challenge.  I've been sitting on my novel for months; it's time to send it out into the world.

guitarbabe:
Aighhhh, I have to be true to my word and send in those query letters. Now, my question...do I want to send that superdeeduper long ms, or should I just send in my children's book queries and shorten my superdeeduper long ms and THEN send in that query?

Eric James Stone:
Well, I've printed everything out for my submission.  All I need is to go down to the Post Office tomorrow morning, buy a stamp for the SASE and whatever the postage is on the large envelope, and I'm all set.

Thanks for your feedback on the letter, synopsis, and sample pages.  It was very helpful as I did my revising this evening.  And thanks for posting this challenge -- I'd probably still be procrastinating if you hadn't.

guitarbabe:
Thanks!!! Unfortunately that didn't stop me from procrastinating...but I figure if I get this thing in the mail by tonight it counts. Wish me luck! I'll need it...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version