Author Topic: Starving Artist Guide  (Read 23533 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Starving Artist Guide
« Reply #60 on: March 08, 2006, 09:41:51 AM »
I'm sort of a packrat too, I don't like to throw things away.  Though I have over the past few years started doing cleanings about twice a year when I toss things I don't use or need.  I started this mostly because when I moved out of my old apartment I threw away like 3 trash cans worth of junk I had collected over the years and I figure I'm going to have to move again sometime so I might as well save me some time and keep the clutter down somewhat.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Tink

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 08, 2006, 11:19:11 AM »
I'm there with Sprig. When I moved the last time, I hated having to move all that stuff and so I'd rather get rid of anything there's no way I'd need so I have less to move. I think if your mother-in-law, E, were to have to move, she'd realize how worthless it was to move all that stuff with her and get rid of it.

JenaRey

• Level 7
  • Give me chocolate...or. ..there is no or.  Gi
    • View Profile
    • Reality By Pass
« Reply #62 on: March 08, 2006, 12:55:18 PM »
You would think moving would be enough of a reason, but for a chronic pack rat it just means more boxes.  I have a good friend who's mother moved the garbage with them when they moved just incase there was something in there that someone else who was helping with the packing might not have realized she still wanted.  She had boxes that hadn't been opened in ten years that she still wouldn't part with.  In my opinion anything that you don't use at least once a year should be significantly eyed for going away.
http://realitybypass.8m.com

You know you wanna...

Tink

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2006, 02:24:25 PM »
Except for some memorabilia. I like the idea of being able to show my kids some stuff from my childhood. My mom has held to most of this stuff for me (mostly for lack of being able to get it here), but my husband's mother sent all of his to us. You just have to learn to keep this to a minimum. Like my mom kept a couple of my drawings as a kid and my kindergarten handprints, but not any more drawings than that. We both kept our high school diplomas. You know, just a few things that mean something to you.

guitarbabe

• Staff
  • Level 7
  • I have many true loves, I'm just not that true!
    • View Profile
    • www.stephaniefowers.com
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2006, 06:56:27 PM »
We have these huge baby boxes at home and there's ten of us...and we each have more than one baby box with ALL of our memorabilia. We keep them in rubbermaid containers now because our basement always floods for one reason or another.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is...I come by it honestly.
"You’ve got more issues than National Geographic!"

"You’re like a soggy brown banana, the only use for you now is to get cooked."

www.stephaniefowers.com

Tink

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2006, 01:27:36 PM »

BTW...since we've talked about pizza in this thread.

Cheap Pizza Recipe

I just wanted to thank JenaRey for the recipe. I made it last Friday and it was a great Friday night dinner. I went a little spendy and used Prego sauce and shredded cheese, but it was really good and fast. Yea!

JenaRey

• Level 7
  • Give me chocolate...or. ..there is no or.  Gi
    • View Profile
    • Reality By Pass
« Reply #66 on: March 13, 2006, 02:12:59 PM »
Wooohooo!!!  :)  It is one of my favorite quick pizza recipes and can be made as quick and dirty or as fancy as you feel like, which is nice.  I'm glad you enjoyed!!!
http://realitybypass.8m.com

You know you wanna...