Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 5153 times)

Eric James Stone

• Staff
  • Level 12
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Eric James Stone's Website
Introduction
« on: January 30, 2006, 04:33:23 PM »
I want to thank the TWG Powers That Be for giving me my own little corner of the forum.  I thought I'd just take this opportunity to reintroduce myself.  Here's my official bio:

One of Eric James Stone's earliest memories is of seeing an Apollo moon-shot launch on television. That might explain his life-long fascination with astronomy and space travel. His father's collection of old science fiction ensured that Eric grew up on a full diet of Asimov, Heinlein and Clarke.

While getting his degree in political science at Brigham Young University, Eric took some creative writing classes. He wrote several short stories, and even submitted one for publication, but it was rejected. Having a naturally lazy disposition, he gave up on creative writing for over ten years.

Those years were not entirely unproductive: Eric graduated from Baylor Law School, worked on a Congressional campaign in New York, and then took a job in Washington, D.C., with one of those special interest groups politicians are always complaining that other politicians are being influenced by.

Then he quit the political scene to work as a web developer for a dot-com company in Utah, in order to be a part of the Great Internet Boom. Shortly thereafter -- and he insists the events are not causally related -- the Great Internet Bust began. He managed to keep his job, and still works there today.

In 2002 he began writing fiction again, and in 2003 he attended Orson Scott Card's Literary Boot Camp.

A winner in the 2004 Writers of the Future Contest, Eric has had stories published by Analog and Intergalactic Medicine Show.

Eric lives in Eagle Mountain, Utah.  His website can be found at www.ericjamesstone.com.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 04:34:45 PM by EricJamesStone »
Eric James Stone
Nebula Award Nominated Author
Read my serialized novel Unforgettable for free online.

Eric James Stone

• Staff
  • Level 12
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Eric James Stone's Website
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 04:49:09 PM »
Here's my bibliography:

"In Memory"
L. Ron Hubbard Presents Writers of the Future, Volume XX (August 2004)
"The Man Who Moved the Moon"
All the Rage This Year: The Phobos Science Fiction Anthology 3 (September 2004)

"Betrayer of Trees"
L. Ron Hubbard Presents Writers of the Future, Volume XXI (August 2005)
"Resonance"
Analog Science Fiction and Fact (September 2005)
"Taint of Treason"
Orson Scott Card's Intergalactic Medicine Show,  (October 2005)

"Salt of Judas"
Orson Scott Card's Intergalactic Medicine Show, Forthcoming (February 2006)
Eric James Stone
Nebula Award Nominated Author
Read my serialized novel Unforgettable for free online.