Local Authors > Eric James Stone

The Writers of the Future Challenge

(1/1)

Eric James Stone:
The next quarterly postmark deadline for the Writers of the Future Contest is March 31.

In case you're not familiar with the contest, WOTF is simply the best contest for new speculative fiction writers.  No other contest even comes close.  If you're one of three winners each quarter, you get a prize of $500-$1000, you get published in the annual anthology, and you get flown out for a week-long writers' workshop taught by professional authors, plus an awards ceremony.

It's a fabulous experience, and I'm one of the lucky few who got to do it twice.  It's been a tremendous boost to my writing career.

So if you want to be a speculative fiction writer, I encourage you to enter if you are eligible.

And I volunteer to read and give feedback on the story of any TWG member who plans to submit something this quarter.  (I reserve the right to limit this offer to the first ten people who send me their stories.)  Just email the story as a .doc or .rtf file to twgwotf (at) ericjamesstone (dot) com.  Please format your document exactly as if you were about to print it out to send to WOTF.

(Note that the sooner you send me your story, the sooner I can get it back to you and the more time you'll have to revise if necessary.  And if you get it to me after the 28th, it's unlikely I'll have time to critique it before the deadline.)

Fellfrosch:
I might just take you up on that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version