Author Topic: I just found out what my title is...  (Read 15977 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: I just found out what my title is...
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2005, 12:16:48 PM »
See, that's the thing about being younger: you're always doing somethign worth laughing at. This is why older people laugh.

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2005, 12:19:13 PM »
And clank goes the trap. Not true. We have a freshmen that sits with us at lunch, and he is pretty cool. And much smarter than many juniors that I know.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Firemeboy

• Staff
  • Level 14
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Spoooon!
    • View Profile
    • Chickens Don't Have Armpits
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2005, 12:25:45 PM »
Thanks for the welcome EUOL...  Glad to be here...

Yeah, in the book the family has 7 boys, but it's based loosely on my family, that ended up with 10 boys (and a girl).  I was the second oldest and didn't have a sister until I was 18.  It was a wild, wild, ride.  :)

And if my wife ever agrees to move into a Teepee with me, and leave the mortgage, the utility bills, and indoor plumbing behind, I think I could support a family on my writing.  Beans, wheat, and rat meat are cheap...
Licensed to dispense PEZ in 28 states.

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2005, 12:27:39 PM »
I think EUOL's point has been in the past that we're currently working as a writer vs. editor, right? Because I technically count as a writer, as well, if you count the magazine I used to work for. I wrote as much as I edited. Just not fiction.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2005, 12:28:01 PM by norroway »
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2005, 12:49:53 PM »
That would put you in the corporate writer/editor category. Which is the coolest category anyway, if you don't mind being a gear in The Machine.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2005, 01:06:16 PM »
ONE OF US! ONE OF US!

/me raises the chant among his ninja monkeys.

And don't think the irony the idea of the guy who obsesses about ninja monkeys and action figures being a corporate cog conformist is lost on me.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2005, 08:22:20 PM »
We still win.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Archon

• Level 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2005, 08:28:31 PM »
I would just like to forward the notion that Entropy really needs to change back to a more evil class, because they suit him so much better than this one. Not to say that you are dishonorable Entropy, but evil just fits you like a glove. A gauntlet that you could use to smack down out-of-line newbies.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2005, 09:34:15 PM »
I no longer do that. I moved onto forum moderator smacking :) It's harder but more rewarding, much like a prestige class.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Archon

• Level 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2005, 11:17:13 PM »
If that were true, then you would have to change your sig. Come on, JP is good, but making fun of people is much better with two people. Gorgon and I are perfect examples. Either one of us is good at making fun of people. But when you put us together we have the capacity to have them running away crying in a matter of minutes.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2005, 03:40:09 AM »
My sig is a joke based on an arthurian title. :)

Besides, almost all of the people who do the newbie thing are mods now. They sold out, TO THE WEBSITE. This must be punished by random and moderately incoherant statements. In other news, Gemm is really a robot that I purchased from deepest china and gave a rudimentary english to chinese translation program.

Fellfrosch

Archon

• Level 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2005, 06:39:38 AM »
Entropy, that wasn't incoherent. As a matter of fact, that would make a lot more sense than Gemm being a human sometimes. After all, Gemm says stuff that is a lot weirder than "All your base are belong to us" (Yes, I know that was from Japanese).

Entsuropi

• Level 60
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2005, 06:52:56 AM »
Well I was implying that gemms gibberish was merely another tool in my vast selection of... selections.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2005, 06:53:40 AM by Charlie82 »

Fellfrosch

Archon

• Level 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2005, 07:04:34 AM »
Ah yes, that makes sense. Viva La Revolution!

Firemeboy

• Staff
  • Level 14
  • Spoooon!
    • View Profile
    • Chickens Don't Have Armpits
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2005, 01:54:11 PM »
Well, I had to take out my reference to Mountain Dew, and every last reference to 'poop' (though how you can have a realistic book about pre-teen boys without using the word poop is beyond me), but the book has gone to the typesetter...

Licensed to dispense PEZ in 28 states.