Local Authors > Matthew Buckley

I just found out what my title is...

(1/13) > >>

Firemeboy:
I'm pretty new here, and only know a few of you.  I have a book coming out in June and I just found out what the title is going to be (the publishers rejected my original suggestion).

I guess the committee put my title in their market research, but it didn't score well.  So, what title do you prefer?

Chickens in the Headlights
Chickens Don't Have Armpits

Of course if you pick theirs, I'll have to slink out of here with my tail between my legs...  :)

House of Mustard:
I'm going to guess that they rejected Chickens Don't Have Armpits, because it contains the word 'armpit', which is the type of word they'd reject.  Also, it's a better title, so it's right out.

Skar:
I would buy a book entitled Chickens Don't Have Armpits long before I would buy a book entitled "Chickens in the Headlights"

Chickens in the headlights just sounds pitiful and sad.  Poor chickens.

Now if it's the right kind of book and the picture on the cover was of a gaggle of chickens in a farmyard on a moonless night, staring fixedly into the camera/headlights, perhaps with some glowing chicken eyes not directly in the beam...I'd buy that one too.  But that's just me.

Firemeboy:

--- Quote --- Now if it's the right kind of book and the picture on the cover was of a gaggle of chickens in a farmyard on a moonless night, staring fixedly into the camera/headlights, perhaps with some glowing chicken eyes not directly in the beam...I'd buy that one too.  
--- End quote ---

Why do I think that's not going to happen?

The cover will probably be a cute chicken with puppy dog eyes, pecking at the ground with a butterfly on his back.

Readers will have to open the book to see that one of the chapter titles is "Day of Slaughter".

Though now that I think of it, that may get cut too.

Fellfrosch:
Chicken in the Headlights is a little too droll--a little too "ha ha, get it?" So if that's yours, I apologize for mocking it.

Chickens Don't Have Armpits sounds like a book of mildly humorous homespun wisdom. I wouldn't buy either one based on the title, but I'm so far outside your target market I can't even see it from here. So ignore what I say.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version