Local Authors > Matthew Buckley

Chickens in the Headlights

(1/15) > >>

Firemeboy:
Well, I've just set up my first book signing, although it is clear down south.  I'll be in St. George, June 11th at the Seagull Book and Tape.  I assume around lunch time.

I have strong feelings about book signings, most of them bad.  :)  I posted my complete thoughts over on my blog, the article called, "I'm the Moron Sitting at the Table".

http://chickenarmpits.blogspot.com/

Anyway, I will be signing just about every Saturday after that for the next 6 weeks, so if anybody wants to get in their quota of heckling, I'll be available.  I'll post when I'll be where as I hear...

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers:
you got the book yet? or is it not till next month that it hits shelves?

Chimera:
Will there be another author at the signing that you can talk to?

At the UVSC Conference on Children's Lit, I went to a class on marketing (for when I get published--it's good to start preparing early  ;)). All the authors agreed that book signings are important, but boring, and at times embarrassing. The general consensus was that you should do it in pairs, so that even if no one comes up to your table, you have someone to talk to, and you don't look too pathetic.

Book signings sound like so much fun. I can't wait.

Well, good luck!  ;D

Firemeboy:
They said the book is coming any day now, and when it does they will ship it to stores.  Supposedly by June 1 it will be on shelves.

Yeah.  A second person could be nice at a signing, though HOM had a bad experience with that once.   I've thought about hiring some 'roadies' to kind of browse the books, and then when somebody comes in, they all jump in line.  That way I don't have to make eye contact with the new customers, and they can approach without feeling like I'm going to use high pressure sales techniques.  :)

Chimera:
Even better than roadies are screaming fan girls. I'd do it, except I'm in school and have class in the afternoon and I wouldn't want to make EUOL jealous.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version