Author Topic: Sales Rank  (Read 3260 times)

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
Sales Rank
« on: May 09, 2005, 06:27:09 PM »
Ooo!  Ooo!  Go check bn.com.  I'm the #184 best-selling book on their website.  
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Sales Rank
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2005, 06:34:58 PM »
Kick A

Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 09:03:45 AM »
B&N.com has Elantris on it's main SF&F page right under the EP3 Novelization.

This month's Explorations offers a slew of astonishing debuts, including Brandon Sanderson's dazzling tour de force about a fallen city of the gods. Read our Spotlight Review, then browse for more great sci-fi and fantasy titles.

Another quote from a different page (I know these last two have been linked in the reviews thread).

An Instant Fantasy Classic

Destined to become a fantasy classic, Brandon Sanderson's distinguished debut novel, Elantris, is the compelling saga of a fallen city of the gods and its inexplicable rise from the ruins. Don't miss this thoroughly original storytelling tour de force!

Here's a quote of the review.

In a genre where mainstream success regularly leads to mind-numbing repetition (unnecessarily prolonged series that recycle predictable plotlines) and shameless mass imitation, true creative genius is often hard to find. Fantasy fans need not look any further for such genius -- Brandon Sanderson is his name, and Elantris is his calling card. Paul Goat Allen

you can read the whole thing here.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2005, 09:29:48 AM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 10:44:10 AM »
its sales rank would put it somewhere around #15 on the current bn.com bestselling science fiction list, but it hasn't been updated.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2005, 10:12:05 PM »
it's now #40 on the bn.com science fiction bestseller list, which is NOT divided by children and adult, so things like Harry Potter are way up there...plus a zillion Douglas Adams books, which do deserve it...

(Not that the Rowling books don't deserve a high place on the appropriate chart. I just don't think it's very useful to see how Elantris's sales compare to Harry Potter's.)
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

stacer

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2005, 10:46:31 PM »
Harry Potter is the sole reason there is a separate NY Times children's bestseller list, because people got tired of it being consistently at 1, 2, and 3.
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2005, 10:59:02 PM »
Back when I actually bothered to read computer games magazines people were discussing something along those lines because of the Sims. Ended up with 2 years worth of game charts all having 3 - 7 versions of the Sims in it.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch