Author Topic: Hello  (Read 4408 times)

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Re: Hello
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2005, 02:42:27 AM »
Create a spoiler thread if you want to. Not like you need a licence for that :)
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2005, 03:31:36 AM »

And as for a likeable villain, I think its good, as it blurs the line between good and evil. It adds a bit of intrigue, which is always good in my book. That bit, I did like in Elantris. What I didn't like was that when Hrathen takes a certain drink, it made him appear weak, and that ruined the respect I had for him. It came back somewhat in later chapters, but not completely.

Odd thats one of the stongest parts with Hrathen and one of the few plot twists I didn't catch onto.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2005, 05:52:49 AM »
Reigheena--welcome to the board. Yay, another contributing new female member! It's like Christmas!!!  ;D

As for spoilers, if you start a topic and make it clear in the title of the thread that you are discussing Elantris I think that is enough warning. Or you could resurrect the character thread I did a little while ago--called "Favorite Character in Elantris"--by posting at the bottom of that. People have to know with those kinds of titles that if they haven't read the book, things will be spoiled for them--and they better read them at their own discretion! You can even, to really cover your basis, put "spoilers" in the title of the thread.
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2005, 06:03:16 AM »
Umm...Bumping threads like that Chimera requires a license, $15.  That allows you to bump threads for 1 month.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2005, 06:12:51 AM »
Send my receipt to EUOL. He's currently paying my bills.  ;D
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

neiana

• Level 4
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal Account
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2005, 07:21:43 PM »
My thoughts echo a lot of Domini's, but I have one huge one.

How is it that there is a world where everybody is jovial when they want to be - even enemies, or nearly backstabbing folk - and really, honestly, be in a joyful mood?

Considering the fact that death was not-so-far away for any of them, the supporting cast (all of them, nearly) were capable of instant happiness, not just the appearance of it.

Otherwise, it's the first book I've read this year that I'm putting on my absolutely positively must read suggestion list for my friends.  Just that one bit buggered me slightly.  I mean, it'd be a great world - I wish it were a reality - but I my suspension of disbelief kinda disappated each time something bad happened and they could each wisecrack at it.

- N