Author Topic: Firstborn  (Read 3543 times)

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
Re: Firstborn
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2005, 01:28:09 AM »
Oldie,
Are you the one who wrote the Further Adventures of Sci-Fi mom in issue 49? I love that. I read it every once-in-a-while when I need a good laugh. It's hilarious. Someday that will be my boys (who are only 18 months and 2 1/2 right now).

Thanks! Yeah, that was me who wrote "The Further Adventures of Sci-Fi Mom." I'm really glad that I'm not the only one who thinks it's funny.

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2005, 05:49:30 PM »
Oh yeah, me too. I think that's the one I actually get my name in.  ;D If it's not that one, I should find the correct issue and pick it up.

That reminds me--I gotta see if they'll mail me my free copy for being a slush puppy. (Assuming, of course, that they remembered to list my name. I DID go over four times even though I dropped off the face of the earth before I made the big move from Orem to Boston.) However, I'll probably have to pay for shipping so that basically negates the whole "free" part of the deal. Ah, well.

Anyway, a sci fi story from EUOL? How interesting. I wanna read it asap. Of course, I've still got his e-ms of WELL plus two other new fantasy books I bought that I haven't been able to finish yet. *sigh*
« Last Edit: November 03, 2005, 05:50:19 PM by shrain78 »
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2005, 07:19:03 AM »
One of the first Short Stories he ever did was Sci-fi, quite good too considering he wrote it in Highschool.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2005, 11:16:57 AM »
Yeah, I knew about that actually. Thanks, Sprigg. It's just that I know how EUOL leans much more towards fantasy, that's all. But now that I ponder some more, I vaguely remember how, when he dropped by TLE one night to sign copies of ELANTRIS, he may've mentioned something about a new sci fi story for the special anniversary issue. Hmm. I suppose the torturously horrible slush I was reading that night did a number on my memory core. :P
« Last Edit: November 04, 2005, 11:19:34 AM by shrain78 »
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT