Author Topic: Elantris & Mistborn = <3  (Read 1522 times)

neiana

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • My Livejournal Account
Elantris & Mistborn = <3
« on: July 29, 2006, 11:18:09 PM »
I remember reading Elantris when it was released.  I couldn't put it down, and I didn't know quite why.

After having so much time to consider it, I realized I loved the Elantris portion of the book.  It was an entirely new world to me, with new emotions.  I felt the story told within those walls was so real and so powerful that it outweighed anything I may have had issue with elsewise.  It's been awhile so I forget names and events and such, but much of the political part of the story seemed light and fluffy... that may have been due to the fact I'd just finished a politics-heavy-centric book...  At any rate, I finished it in record time and immediately shared it with a friend, who read it just as quickly and purchased her own copy telling me she was mad at me for making me like it so much and it being the only book published...

Anyway, I made haste to pick up Mistborn the other night (a short 2 mile bicycle ride at 10:30pm) and jump into it right away.  I find the magic system intriguing if not a bit unnerving to get used to during the 'action' sequences, but it's beautifully intricate to visualize.  I think the character progression is quite a bit more realistic as well.  Additionally, the editing process appears to have gone much smoother this time, as I have only found a couple "wait, what?" spots that I have to read over a second or third time to make sure I understood what was happening.

I'm currently at the beginning of chapter 14, and trying to read it in moderation as opposed to three late nights as I did Elantris.  I'd much rather spend three weeks reading it, and the wait for MB 2 be two weeks less...

Elantris is easily the book I value most of all the books I've read in the last several years, and it looks like Mistborn will slot right up there as well.

GLE

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
  • blah blah blah blah blah.........
    • View Profile
Re: Elantris & Mistborn = <3
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 03:25:13 PM »
I agree with neiana. Elantris was awesome and i remember staying up all night reading it. I just finished Mistborn today, and it is an absolutely incredible book. i wouldn't have put it down if it weren't for football practice...  Keep it up Brandon, i love your  books and plan on buying every one that comes out!