Author Topic: Mistborn 3 Done  (Read 3800 times)

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
Re: Mistborn 3 Done
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2006, 02:25:19 PM »
I'm not sure why EUOL, but I've been finding this trilogy of yours a lot more enthralling and thrilling than Elantris was.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2006, 04:26:17 PM »
I have the same reaction, Gemm. These books just have a bigger draw for me. Perhaps one reason is the complexity and, well, genuine coolness of the magic system. I also like the lead female character better and, oh, more violence. And who can compete with Inquisitors and disgruntled skaa when it comes to violence, I ask you?  ;D
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2006, 08:54:55 PM »
Glad to hear that, Gemm.  The thing is, I wrote ELANTRIS in '99, so I like to think that I've improved my style in the seven years that have passed.  ELANTRIS was kind of an experiment that turned out well, were as now I have a better feel for what I can do and make work.  
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2006, 08:56:16 PM »
I just finished the book.

Brandon is a genius.

A very evil one.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Shrain

• Level 34
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Gargoyles have all the fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2006, 08:32:31 PM »
Dude. No hints, no hints!  
Lord Ruler and Lady Protractor were off on vacation, thus the angles running amok.
--Spriggan

"The movie of my life must be really low-budget."
--Harry Dresden in DEAD BEAT

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2006, 01:56:07 PM »
Yes, I finished this sunday (born on a monday). All very well dramaticized and fascinating conclusions. I did find that there was one part in which Elend took far too long to figure out the whole numbers part when it came down to it.

And I must know what those other 2 metals are? I am no chemist, and have no want to look at periodic tables. Tell us!

I'm glad to hear that you have been able to grow with your writing, it really does show. Now if only Fell and SE would publish some freaking books we'd have a... gaggle of gooseheaded writers.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2006, 11:23:19 PM »
Um...spoilers? Sheezh.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

GLE

• Level 3
  • blah blah blah blah blah.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2006, 06:26:45 PM »
okay im so confused. if Mistborn 3 is done... when is Mistborn 2 gonna be released to the public?
???

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2006, 06:32:29 PM »
GLE,

I wrote them all together, kind of like the Lord of the Rings movies were written together.  I stopped to do some editing on book one, but I left all of the editing on book two until after I'd finished book three.

It takes a lot of work to get a rough draft through the editing process, and though Book Two was finished last year, we didn't start the editing until this summer (because I was busy writing book three.)

That means it will take a lot of time, still, to get the books out--even though the rough drafts are done.  Book two, for instance, is currently going through its seventh draft.  After that, it needs to be copyedited and proofread, a process that will take several months.  

Even once that's done, Tor needs to find a spot for it in the line-up.  That's why it's probably not going to be out until next April at the soonest.  Book three, then, we're hoping to release in November of next year.

Think like the movies, again.  Though they filmed all three together, the editing process--and the special effects work--was such that they had to wait a year between releasing them.
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

GLE

• Level 3
  • blah blah blah blah blah.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2006, 06:39:28 PM »
oh... okay. sorry. i guess i should think about that kind of stuff before.....   thanks though. I guess i will have to find something to read while i wait.  ;D ;D ;D