• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Utah?
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2006, 12:12:41 AM »
What he meant by that was book tours are expensive and he's waiting to have two book companies help pay for an East Coast trip.  Also having the weight of those two publishers will help get him locations.

He usually hits NYC in the spring or early summer to visit Tor and his agent but has yet to do a signing.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Linternet

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2006, 12:34:39 PM »
Ack!  Don't make me go to Ebay!

Seriously, though, that makes sense.  I'm still allowed to hope he does a book signing and in the meantime if his agent and/or Tor suck at picking out pizza places I'll post a list :).

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2006, 01:26:40 PM »
Decided to move this since it was a busy thread and it should be in this forum.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

RedAragorn

• Level 3
  • mmmmm...chicken
    • View Profile
    • Wandering Words
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2006, 01:31:51 PM »
Oi.  I'm afraid I expected this topic to be much more interesting based on the title "Utah?" and the number of responses it had already received.  I'm sure if I'd tried something like "Oregon?" it would have died halfway through my post.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2006, 04:44:54 PM »
Some answers:

linternet,

I'll be in New York for sure sometime in the next year.  My goal is to get out there around the time of the release of the MISTBORN paperback, which should be around May or June.

Seeker,

Most authors tend to sell very well in their home state, because they can do more booksignings there.  I've managed to publicize myself very well in Utah.  Of course, it's still only the number three state for sales on my books (California and New York, by virtue of population, have quite an advantage.)  

Did I post somewhere that I'm doing a signing on the 7th of this month?  Because as far as I know, I've got one tonight (well, not really a signing.  A meeting with BYU's Quark SF club) and one in Salt Lake on the 27th.  Did I forget about one?

Also, it's no surprise that your father doesn't know me.  If he happens to be in the English department, he might have heard of me.  However, since I only teach adjunct--and only one class a year--I'm not really around all that often.
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Seeker

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2006, 09:37:35 PM »
http://brandonsanderson.com/article.php?id=33
It says October 7th.  But yeah my dad works with The department of plant and animal sciences.  Not close to english  :'( lol
-Is there anything more beautiful than the sun? I often watch it rise, for my restless sleep usually awakens me before dawn.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2006, 12:54:47 AM »
lol.  That's right.  That store, unfortunately, closed!  The mall itself is closing down for remodeling.  I suppose I should mention that on the website!  Thanks for reminding me.  

Seeker

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2006, 12:59:02 AM »
Nooooo! that was my last chance.  Lol.  oh well.  pretend to sign my Mistborn copy right here. :P
-Is there anything more beautiful than the sun? I often watch it rise, for my restless sleep usually awakens me before dawn.

Princess_Luney

• Level 1
  • I used to be conceited but now I'm perfect
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2006, 04:31:38 PM »
I was supposed to be there when he signed Mistborn at Waldens but I forgot that I had to work that day. :(  And that's terrible that the store in Salt Lake closed...though I couldn't have made it due to some sibling wedding nonsense I'm supposed to attend.

I think I'm thinking, so if I think I'm thinking, then I must be thinking, I think.

Seeker

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2006, 04:34:44 PM »
There was a copy of Mistborn already signed on the shelf, like a day after he was at Waldenbooks, but I had to wait a few more days to get my paycheck and when i returned, it was long gone.

Princess_Luney

• Level 1
  • I used to be conceited but now I'm perfect
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2006, 04:37:54 PM »
I found one at Borders after I'd already bought a copy.  
I think I'm thinking, so if I think I'm thinking, then I must be thinking, I think.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2006, 04:59:12 PM »
Seeker,

I WILL be at the Gateway mall in Salt Lake at the end of the month.  That's very close to where the Borders used to be--it's only about three blocks south of Temple Square.  

I'll also be at BYU on November 14th.  So, if you live in the area, I should be signing close to you sometime in the near future.  It just won't be this weekend.  :)

Seeker

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2006, 05:10:49 PM »
Awesome I'll probably catch you then in November.   :)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2006, 05:42:30 PM »
The Gateway is actually west of Temple Square, lest anyone go the wrong direction and miss the signing.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2006, 07:08:07 PM »
Oops.  Right.  I had my directions screwed up.  Nice catch.