Author Topic: Warbreaker: Free Ebook  (Read 234556 times)

melbatoast

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
    • My Shelfari Page
Re: Warbreaker: Free Ebook
« Reply #885 on: December 07, 2009, 04:02:33 PM »
I'm convinced that Pres. Monson is a fan of Warbreaker. This may be sacrilegious, but I couldn't help laughing last night when he said "He...gave breath to the lifeless". Maybe I haven't been sleeping enough lately...
"She is too fond of books, and it has addled her brain." - Louisa May Alcott

torcher

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: August 18, 2010, 04:49:48 PM »
I would like to comment that the first time I heard of you was when you took over writing the the Wheel of Time.  This made me both excited and scared but you did not disappoint.  This provoked my curiosity to check out your other works.  I read the free Warbringer and think that it was a marvelous way to advertise for yourself.  My husband and I have since purchased ebook and/or audio versions of many of your other books and have yet to be disappointed.  I actually read Elantris for two days straight until finishing, only stopping when physically necessary because I was so enthralled with the storyline.  You have an amazing talent and I am excited to enjoy your future endeavors.  Thank you for completing an old favorite world and bringing us a new one.

Guenhywvar

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: August 18, 2010, 06:00:26 PM »
Well done on warbreaker.
A shame you did it as a stand-alone book, plenty of was you could write a sequel

rjl

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: August 18, 2010, 06:48:48 PM »
There is a plan for warbreaker to have a sequel (just one), but it's not going to be written for some time, probably a couple of years.

Aranfan

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: August 19, 2010, 08:22:34 PM »
I have a question and don't want to trawl through the thread to see if it's been answered.  The Free Ebook is released under Creative Commons, but the physical book is not.  Since the Ebook was released first, does this mean I am no longer allowed to redistribute the PDF for free?

rjl

• Level 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: August 20, 2010, 02:05:37 AM »
Well, there's still a link to the pdf on Brandons website, you can't possibly be doing anything illegal by linking to that.

Terrisman243

• Level 5
  • Join the Omegas!
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: August 20, 2010, 08:52:44 PM »
Peter, I just wanted to remind you about the annotation that was supposed to go up yesterday....

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: August 21, 2010, 06:20:58 AM »
Yeah yeah. I'm on vacation!!! Maybe I'll put it up tomorrow.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Ari54

• Level 8
    • View Profile
    • M.J. Whitehead.com
« Reply #893 on: August 21, 2010, 11:23:58 AM »
Yeah yeah. I'm on vacation!!! Maybe I'll put it up tomorrow.

Have a good day off, Peter. :)

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: August 23, 2010, 09:31:32 PM »
OK, I've put up the next annotation and queued things through September 9th. That gives me a buffer around Dragon*Con.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!