Author Topic: Warbreaker: Free Ebook  (Read 234633 times)

IngtarWhoStoleChristmas

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Warbreaker: Free Ebook
« Reply #780 on: April 28, 2009, 06:10:46 PM »
Brandon's page says 6/15/09 so I imagine in there somewhere

vincent_y79

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: May 10, 2009, 11:20:17 PM »
With the book being available as preorder from retailers, does anyone know if there will be direct sales from brandonsanderson.com? I would like to have the option of having the book signed.

Miyabi

• Level 45
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Simple is the concept of love as eternity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: May 11, 2009, 01:13:47 AM »
That usually doesn't happen until about 6 months to about 2 years after the book comes out and Brandon manages to get some left over hard covers.  Then he sells them that way. 
オレは長超猿庁じゃ〜。

Ehran

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: May 11, 2009, 02:14:18 AM »
For HoA he arranged for a local bookstore to sell them signed.  People placed their orders and he went in, signed them, then the store shipped them out.  That's how I got my copy signed.  And I received it within a couple days of release.  So you might not be able to buy it from his website but I'm pretty sure you will be able to get a signed copy at time of release.

I don't know that this would happen with the WoT books though.  I doubt Brandon's hands could stand up to the number of signed requests he would get for those books. 

:P

Telzen

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: May 22, 2009, 05:00:27 AM »
Brandon's right about people buying books even if they can get them for free. Just learned about Warbreaker and it sounds real awesome. I'm going to just go ahead and order it since I'm sure I'd want a hard copy anyway.

IngtarWhoStoleChristmas

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: May 22, 2009, 01:32:50 PM »

Ehran

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: May 22, 2009, 08:01:23 PM »
I don't think I'm going to spring for a signed book this time, although I fully intend to buy it the week of release to help with sales numbers.

When the final WoT book comes out I may get a signed one of those.  Or the new WoK series.

IngtarWhoStoleChristmas

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: May 22, 2009, 11:09:00 PM »
Ehran,

Is there a price difference? It looked to me like Sam Weller is discounting it enough that it pays for the shipping, so you basically just pay retail. I'm ok with that personally, and I'm horribly busy so won't make it to a book store for at least a month

Ehran

• Level 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: May 23, 2009, 01:48:06 AM »
Most places discount books from cover price.   It's the shipping and handling fees that tend to add up.  These days, with the economy the way it is, and since I already have one signed BS novel, just seems more prudent to save where I can.

I mean, I'm already buying a copy of a "free" book.  Gotta save my cash somewhere.  :)

IngtarWhoStoleChristmas

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: May 25, 2009, 03:55:52 PM »
Ah I understand, I just so seldom buy a new book when it comes out and then its usually only hardcover that I don't really pay too much attention to the pricing schemes they use ;-)

vincent_y79

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: May 29, 2009, 04:33:29 AM »
Brandon's right about people buying books even if they can get them for free. Just learned about Warbreaker and it sounds real awesome. I'm going to just go ahead and order it since I'm sure I'd want a hard copy anyway.

True. I've read the book 3 times already as there's usually nothing me to do working at night but be on the computer.  Even with the number of times I've gone through it I'm still getting the book because I like well enough that I want to support the writer and have a solid copy.

http://www.brandonsanderson.com/blog/788/Warbreaker-Sighed-and-Numbered-Copies

Just ordered mine :-)

Thanks IngtarWasFramed, I'm going to get my copy through them.

Ogge

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • ogrens website
« Reply #791 on: June 04, 2009, 12:48:13 PM »
It's been awhile since I read Warbreaker (the free one) and I'm planning to buy the book once it's released.

I have a question though, (pardon med for not reading this whole thred)

is the onlineversion the same one as the new release?

I can't remember the end of the book, was it even in the free version?

"Kneel or you will be knelt."

www.sveaulvar.com

IngtarWhoStoleChristmas

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: June 04, 2009, 02:58:40 PM »
From what I've heard there are some minor changes/additional scenes in the Hardcover release, but these will be inlcuded in another e-book release as well.

Yes the ending was in the original and you can order it today through many different sources :-) Comes out next Tuesday!!!

Euphrasie

• Level 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: June 04, 2009, 09:22:28 PM »
I can't wait!  I get my 'free' hardcover of a 'free' book by using Amazon gift certificates from taking surveys.   :D 

maxonennis

• Level 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: June 09, 2009, 06:08:04 PM »
I started to read Warbreaker when I first joined this site, starting with the first draft. I got six or seven chapters through before I made up my mind that I would wait until the book was published before finishing (I wanted to read the finished product after cleaned up without any spoilers to ruin the story for me). Did anyone else do this, or am I just weird?
"Don't argue with ignorance. And when you argue with me, that's all you get!" Mike

Maxonennis’ soliloquy on Frog relations: “How can I bake the hall in the candle of her brain?”