Author Topic: Christmas Shopping ranting  (Read 5076 times)

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Christmas Shopping ranting
« on: December 02, 2005, 06:13:20 AM »
So is already the 2nd of December and I still haven't got gifts for my parents or five of my siblings.

I hate shopping. Normally I have all of my gifts purchased on-line by Thanksgiving.

This year, I just can't seem to make any decisions on what to get people.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Christmas Shopping ranting
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 08:58:07 AM »
My wife has handled shopping for me for the next year. My birthday/christmas/hannukah/kwanzaa/valentines/fathers day/anniversary present was allowing me to spend hundreds of dollars on a digital camera.

However, we still have to take our kids out to get each other something.

Faster Master St. Pastor

• Level 20
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 09:29:52 AM »
Thats whats cool about being a minor, you don't really have to worry about that kind of stuff.
"elantris or evisceration"-Entropy.

Nessa

• Administrator
  • Level 32
  • Fell Points: 5
  • Giving life to demon spawn since 1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 10:55:57 AM »
My shopping for our three kids and family was finished before Thanksgiving. My husband's gifts from me will soon be ordered.

As for neighbor and friend gifts -- my husband makes candy every year. Caramels, toffee, truffles. He even tempers the chocoloate. He bought specialty chocolate at the local bakery supply store, an 11 lb brick! This means I don't have to do holiday baking, and that's fine with me.
"The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--'tis the difference between the lightning-bug and the lightning."  -  Mark Twain

Check out my book reviews at http://elitistbookreviews.blogspot.com/

MPlease

• Level 4
  • You mean my character concept can't be 'pink hair?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 02:19:45 PM »
I've decided to skip Christmas this year and go straight to New Years due to my wedding on the 22nd, so I don't have to buy presents for anyone except my sister and her husband since I got their name in the family exchange. Although there is a max spending limit on that gift of $15 so I'm in pretty good shape.  ;D
English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

MsFish

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Geek Girl, Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2005, 03:33:23 PM »
I finished my Christmas shopping before black friday.  (Unless you count the copy of Elantris I bought that day, so I guess I finished *on* black friday.)  However, I decided to get ambitious and *make* several presents this year, and that's been eating my writing time for the last two months, because I bit off way more than I had time to chew.  But on the upside, I'm hoping to finish today.
Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.  Hold fast to dreams, for when dreams go, life is a barren field frozen with snow.  -Langston Hughes

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 04:04:04 PM »
I always shop on the 15th of Dec...
Its more exciting...
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2005, 04:26:30 PM »
I don't mind the shopping, it's having so many people who are impossible to buy for that drives me up the wall. At least I still make it easy for the parents by giving them a 'christmas list' on request; they don't make it that easy for me.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2005, 01:47:24 AM »
I've found that having a wife that loves shopping has relieved me of my gift-buying duties.

Sure, it means I don't have to go out into the sweaty throngs of holiday shoppers, but, oh!, the checkbook...

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2005, 03:34:50 PM »
I haven't boughten anything.  Time to get on Amazon!
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2005, 09:36:47 PM »
I'm actually done with everything now.  Yea EBAY!
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2005, 01:09:00 AM »
First, let me say that I hope 42 at least knows what to get me as I already have his Christmas present.

Second, I finding that Christmas shopping is changing for me since I became a parent. My wife bought lightsabers for my three-year old son and I can't wait until Christmas to play with them. My wife is getting a little tired of telling me to wait until Christmas. I think I might be able to get her to relent as we really need lightsabers now.
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

scAri

• Level 6
    • View Profile
    • ?
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2005, 01:13:49 AM »
You're all nuts! I haven't even begun to think about any of this yet... I'm used to shopping on the 23rd.  ;D

I'm guessing none of you have finals.

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2005, 09:40:31 AM »
First, let me say that I hope 42 at least knows what to get me as I already have his Christmas present.

I would if you would have sent out a Christmas Wish lists or at least registered at a store like everyone else in the family.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2005, 12:01:43 PM »
He should be easy to shop for 42, after all he's a lawyer, he wants the souls of the damned since they make him stronger.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.