Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Re: Links
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2006, 10:38:49 AM »
CONSPIRACY!
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

House of Mustard

• Staff
  • Level 44
  • Fell Points: 3
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2006, 01:04:18 PM »
A little more detail, regarding prizes and such:

The First Ever Interactive LDS Suspense Novel!

Do you like reading suspense and mystery novels? Do you think you're good at following the clues? If so, this is the challenge for you! Find The Counterfeit!  

You won't know where fiction ends and reality begins.  In a blend of serialized novel and multi-state treasure hunt, you'll enter a world of conspiracies and intrigue, solving puzzles and digging for clues.

If you liked National Treasure or The Da Vinci Code, you'll love what Robison Wells has in store. As prelude to his new novel coming out this summer, The Counterfeit,  Wells has woven an online mystery where you interact with the characters and crack the codes; and when the secrets unravel, it's you  who'll win the prizes.

Join characters from the novel The Counterfeit and help them figure out the clues they need to survive! The first person that solves the final clue will win a night stay at the Anniversary Inn and two tickets to the 3rd Annual Covenant Murder Mystery Dinner on Friday, September 29, 2006. The runner up will receive two tickets to the Murder Mystery Dinner.

Start NOW by going to www.TheUnknownPatriot.com and http://TrialOfTheCentury.blogspot.com

« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 01:05:53 PM by House_of_Mustard »
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

www.robisonwells.com

FirstMateJack

• Level 12
  • Only one man can kill this many Russians.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2006, 02:53:18 PM »
hahaha.. that's funny.. People still think we didn't land on the moon, even though the Soviet Government said we did, since they tacked the entire flight and there is a mirror that was set up (thus leaving one of two options, our computers were FAR more advanced than anyone could imagine, having dropped a mirror that helps calculate the moons distance to within the 100th of an inch, or never before seen robots did it).  

I found this too.

----Here’s the thing: the EPCglobal guys are trying to make every RFID code unique. They won’t know that you bought a TV – they’d know that you bought TV #576. Now, since there’s no conceivable reason this would help inventory (the inventory system just needs to know that a TV went out the door – it doesn’t care which one) then the only possible explanation is that they want to match up unique product codes with unique consumers. And privacy goes out the window!-----

Actually you DO need to know which T.V. goes out. Imagine you are selling cars. You have 200 each of two cars, you sell 10 RX-8's and 200 Geo Metro's and still have people calmmoring to buy. On this theory, a car is a car, it doesn't matter which it is for the inventory. So come buying time you buy 200 of each car once again. The other dealer realizes that  HEY! people are buying Metro's! So he buys 450 Metros and 50 RX-8's.

Who will sell more cars?

Sheesh... Conspirators...
The government has better things to do then see who is rich, they already know from census and taxes. Besides, people who spend money aren't rich, it's the people who save money and start businesses to make it.
Delicious! Like a tall cool glass of Nestle' Quik mixed in Orange Juice!

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2006, 03:00:23 PM »
actually, I think that this is an over-simplified version of the argument.

say you've got two models of TV in stock:  fifty Zenith 5428s and twenty Sony AwesomeTVs (just to make up some brands).

You sell 15 of each.

The inventory just needs to know if it sold a Zenith 5428 or a Sony AwesomeTV. Each Zenith 5428 doesn't need to have a completely unique code to it. It just needs to know to order more Zenith 5428s (or, in this case, more Sony AwesomeTVs -- since there are still plenty Zeniths in stock).

I think that's what they're really thinking. As for them being crazy. well, there's no help for that. This explanation doesn't mean they're not freaks, just that you've got a too simple argument to refute there.

FirstMateJack

• Level 12
  • Only one man can kill this many Russians.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2006, 03:07:18 PM »
Both answers are right. I usually, personally, prefer a simple answer, as they are usually best, since they can easily be applied to a larger number of applications. That is the only reason I went to a simpler answer. You can do it however you want, it all depends on your application and what you are selling and what you want to achieve with your numbers. I've been doing sales and marketing all my life, I see a lot of numbers.

Besides, it is the companies who put on what comes in your credit card statement. When I worked at Men's Wearhouse we would have our own barcodes and some of them simply said "suit3button" or "accessory" It's whatever the company wants, not the government.

These items would be the same from barcode to bar code ranging from $600.00 to $2.00, all the same item on the scanner.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 03:10:31 PM by FirstMateJack »
Delicious! Like a tall cool glass of Nestle' Quik mixed in Orange Juice!