Departments > Music

Teen Angst, or something

(1/4) > >>

House of Mustard:
There are two songs on the market that bug the livin' crap out of me.
1) Avril Lavigne's 'Complicated'.  I really dislike her for several reasons, but this song in particular ticks me off.  She starts off saying "Life's like that." and "that's the way it is."  I always want to scream back at the radio (and I admit that I have) that "you're freaking fifteen years old!  How the $%$#% do you know what life is like!  Furthermore, why are YOU telling ME 'that's the way it is'!"

2) Pink's 'Don't let me get me'.  Despite the fact that I find the title somewhat clever, the song generally seems a little contradictory.  She says "LA told me you'll be a rock star - all you have to change is everything you are".  The message is clear: she doesn't want to be like everybody else - she wants to be herself.  Then, in the chorus, she says: "Don't want to be my friend no more - wanna be somebody else."  Whaaa?  So the song isn't about her wanting to be herself?  She wants to be someone else?

Granted, I shouldn't look for greatness in teen pop, but it still ticks me off whenever it comes on the radio.

House of Mustard:
Ugh.

Avril's song "Sk8tr Boi" is being made into a movie.  

http://www.cnn.com/2003/SHOWBIZ/Movies/05/28/film.lavigne.reut/index.html

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers:
I'd say that's a sign of the apocalypse, but the magnitude of it is dwarfed by the quote I saw several years ago "The Spice Girls' movie is the Hard Day's Night of the nineties." <shudder>

Tage:
I think I'm going to go see Sk8ter Boi just to tick off Mustard.

House of Mustard:
It would work, too, although it isn't really hard to tick me off.  I could think of any number of things you could do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version