Author Topic: Pop Japan TV  (Read 1871 times)

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
Pop Japan TV
« on: May 24, 2004, 12:46:06 AM »
I thought at first this should go in the Television/Movies section, but it's really the songs that are nuts.

So we get the International Channel, and periodically they show Pop Japan TV.  So we can watch crazy Japanese bands try to either 1) sing in english or 2)dress like American rap artists.

This is all very disturbing.  However we have found a band that we like- Orange Range, which when pronounced in Japanese does in fact rhyme.  (We've been arguing over whether or not orange rhymes with anything for decades, and here we've just been pronouncing it wrong the whole time.)

All in all, I am amused.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Pop Japan TV
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2004, 03:19:48 AM »
I've seen that show, granted it was about 2 years ago before I got comcast but I'm not missing much.  I didn't care for the show since they never showed the people I liked.  I think they mostly show newer artists most of who aren't that good (or cookie cutter cutout of the same singer mold).
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2004, 10:00:03 AM »
Well, considering that we watch it for a good laugh, and are never disappointed, I think finding at least one artist we like is pretty good.

It worries me about whether or not they would like the idea of people watching it for pure comedy.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2004, 10:02:36 AM »
well sadly just about any Japanese TV show would be funny to us just becasue of how they do things there, it's got such an over the top feel to it you can't help but roll your eye.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.