Author Topic: TMBG News brought to you by Me.  (Read 1796 times)

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
TMBG News brought to you by Me.
« on: February 01, 2005, 01:07:10 PM »
Here's the latest from the TMBG front for those of you who don't receive the e-mail and would like to know!

NOW ON THEYMIGHTBEGIANTS.COM
NEW ONLINE RELEASE "ALMANAC" - TMBG LIVE
The energy of TMBG's live show is finally captured in this unique collection of handpicked, bandpicked live tracks from “The Spine Hits the Hiway Tour” of 2004.

FREE WITH EVERY ALBUM DOWNLOAD: "VENUE SONGS"
THIS OFFER IS GOING AWAY NEXT WEEK
At each stop of the 2004 tour, the band debuted a new song, lovingly dedicated to that evening's venue. These songs were written the day of the show and arranged during soundcheck. The album contains either the soundcheck or gig version, depending on the number of clams in the performance. For the moment, this album is not for sale, but it's FREE with a purchase of $9.99 from the site. So pick up a Live Download, an album, or make your own mix from the single downloads, and the Venue Songs download will be waiting for you after checkout in the "My Downloads" section.

MORE TMBG CATALOG NOW AVAILABLE ON MP3 DIRECT FROM TMBG
"They Might Be Giants", "Lincoln", "Then: The Earlier Years", "Misc. T", "They Got Lost", "No!", "Severe Tire Damage", "The Spine Surfs Alone" and the album that started the download-mania "The Spine" are all available as full album downloads or individual tracks for just 99 cents at theymightbegiants.com.

They Might Be Giants return to the world of family stuff with a brand new CD of original songs along with a DVD of amazing visuals entitled "Here Come the ABCs." Preorders for the DVD and CD are available Feb. 1 at Amazon for startling prices. The MP3 download will be available at theymightbegiants.com on the street date of Feb. 15.

To preorder the CD: www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0007D34I0//102-3729694-9744921

...or the DVD: www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0007D34ZS//102-3729694-9744921

FREE AND FABULOUS IN-STORES:

2/15 New York City Borders - 10 Columbus Circle, 7 PM
2/20 Albany, NY Borders - 59 Wolf Road, 6 PM
2/21 Braintree, MA Borders - 255 Grossman Drive, 7 PM
2/23 Vienna, VA Borders - 8027 Leesburg Pike, 7 PM
2/24 Towson, MD Borders - 415 York Rd.,7 PM
2/25 Bryn Mawr, PA Borders - 1149 Lancaster Ave., 7 PM
3/8 Ann Arbor, MI Borders - 612 E. Liberty, 7 PM
3/11 Minneapolis/Richfield, MN Borders - 800 W. 78th Street, 7 PM
3/13 Providence, RI Borders - 142 Providence Place, 6 PM

Headed to the West Coast for more - stay tuned for details!

- TMBG perform on Conan O'Brien Feb. 15

Greetings from Flans!

"Hey everybody-
Things might seem quiet this moment on the TMBG front, but we are strapping on our crash helmets for a spring full of free shows. The Lincoln Center show is sold out, but we will be performing in NYC for FREE on Feb. 15 at Borders in Columbus Circle. We are also making our way out to Los Angeles for a regular show and a special all-ages one, so you might want to IM the Blackberrys of any 3-year-olds you know in the LA area. John and I will be accompanied by Mr. Marty Beller at all these free Borders shows, and we will be performing half-hour sets, including new ABC songs as well as personal favorites from our dark, dark past.
Be sure to check out the two new free Venue songs at tmbg.com, for a copy of the much beloved photos and lyrics is now included at the bottom of this message!
JF"
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

• Level 57
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
Re: TMBG News brought to you by Me.
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2005, 01:08:06 PM »
News Flash!:

From Flansburgh:
"Thanks to everyone for making the McSweeney's Vs. TMBG show at Lincoln Center such a success. We raised ten thousand dollars for 826NYC (a drop-in literacy center in Brooklyn - the only drop-in literacy center with its own superhero supply store- www.superherosupplies.com). Want everyone to know that besides doing as many ABC songs as we know how to play at the House of Blues, we will also be performing 10 selections from the Venue Songs series, and this might be a one-time-only thing for people in the LA area so we encourage you to come on out. The next night we are performing a free show at Amoeba Records for families. We have just added some additional shows, and have a ton of free shows and loud shows coming up. Would love to tell you more but I have to jump on a plane to Detroit so I'll leave it to the TMBG home office to sort out all the links and details!"

SPECIAL NEW YORKER SHOW IN MADISON

If you have been waiting to see John and John perform songs and speak in an Actors' Studio-like setting, you'll have to travel to Madison, WI for a special evening. It's sponsored by The New Yorker as part of their New Yorker Nights series, and we'll be interviewed by Andy Borowitz.
Tickets are available only at the student ticketing agency. For more info, visit www.luthersblues.com/lb/ticketinfo.php

NEW SHOWS

JUST ADDED 3/26 San Diego area, loud show @ The Belly Up, Solana Beach, CA 9 PM
3/27 San Francisco, CA FREE SHOW Borders Union Square, 4 PM - Happy Easter!
3/28 Seattle, WA FREE SHOW Easy Street Records 7 PM

NEW HERE COME THE ABCs DVD & CD SPECIAL DISCOUNT BUNDLE

Get both the CD and the DVD for just $17.08. Put TMBG on the kids' bestseller chart!
www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0007MU1IW/ref=bxgy_cc_text_a/104-2800935-4979113
« Last Edit: March 08, 2005, 01:08:48 PM by Gemm »
                William S. Burroughs

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2005, 01:20:00 PM »
That's actually a pretty good deal.

• Level 57
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 11:22:23 AM »
New Shows! Baltimore, Philly, Cleveland!

Hi Everybody!

Operator Dot here with some information for your perusal. The Johns are super-busy in the studio this week, but I want to make sure you all know about the upcoming shows and the free MP3s that await you at tmbg.com/freeTunes.html. Also on tmbg.com are brand-new Q&As for your enjoyment.

And check this totally out - a supercool fan-created video for Bloodmobile, TMBG's song written for the Franklin Institute's famous heart-n-blood exhibit. At first we thought it was the actual video from the exhibit, but shortly we found otherwise. With the kind permission of the creator, I give you this link:

www.dave-logan.com/animation/bloodmobile/

Thanks, Dave!

See you all at the shows!
Love,
Operator Dot

4/8 Danville, KY @ Norton Center for the Arts [Centre College] 8 PM
5/13 Asbury Park, NJ @ The Stone Pony
5/14 Baltimore, MD @ M&T Bank Stadium for HFStival
5/26 London UK @ The Forum
5/28 Barcelona SPAIN @ Primavera Sound Festival
6/11 New York, NY @ South Street Sea Port Family Show!
7/8 Springville, UT @ Spring Acres Arts Park 8:30 PM
7/15 Cleveland, OH @ The Odeon 9 PM
7/16 Cleveland, OH @ Tower City Amphitheater, Family Shows at 1 & 3:30 PM
7/23 Philadelphia, PA @ Penn's Landing
                William S. Burroughs