Author Topic: iPod Photo  (Read 4682 times)

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
iPod Photo
« on: April 24, 2005, 08:06:06 PM »
http://www.apple.com/ipodphoto/
Has anyone seen this yet? It is a new iPod, either a 30 gb or 60gb that has a full color screen. It also stores photos, and you can upload album art so that it shows every time you play a song from that cd. I want!
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

mulchNator

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
  • "Let's get the hell out of here"  Army of Darkness
    • View Profile
Re: iPod Photo
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 01:47:57 PM »
Ahhhhhhh! >:(  That sounds so awesome!  If only I had waited another month or so to get my new iPod! :-/  

:PBummer!:P

Lhotse

• Level 1
  • If you have a lemon, make lemonade.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2005, 06:08:51 PM »
I received my iPod from my parents last x-mas. Now, I partially regret not waiting another six months for the iPod color display. Apple should develop a "return-back" program for the older models, compensating some of the money toward a new iPod purchase.
Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.
Carl Gustav Jung

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2005, 06:09:57 PM »
they do actually if you take them to an apple store, though it's only like $50 that you get.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2005, 06:41:44 PM »
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2005, 10:39:06 PM »
That is pretty sweet. I wonder how they managed to make the touchwheel work on that one though.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

DieZel

• Level 1
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 09:46:56 AM »
I still haven't got an iPod so I'm saving money for the wooden one:) Looks great, sounds great- what else is there?
Trivia- I'm Lovin` It

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2005, 09:54:03 AM »
Just about every other MP3 player on the market in the same price range sounds better then the iPod, Cnet did a ranking of MP3 players in the sound department and the iPod came in last for all of them.

http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6450_7-6247126-1.html?tag=prmo1
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

The Jade Knight

• Level 39
  • Fell Points: 1
  • Lord of the Absent-Minded
    • View Profile
    • Don't go here
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2005, 10:02:56 PM »
I've got a Zen Xtra.  Yummy audiophile goodness.  Creative's one of the few companies that makes mp3 players that are quality-tested for audio fidelity.

And they're way cheaper than iPods.
"Never argue with a fool; they'll bring you down to their level, and then beat you with experience."

Tink

• Level 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2005, 04:02:10 PM »
What about the new iPod nano. Talk about tiny and it still holds up to 1,000 songs (either 2 or 4 GB). It's only 1.5 oz!

Check it out here.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2005, 01:43:41 AM »
Eh, it's small but apple really should have done something more impressive with it like using wireless bluethooth headphones or something.  Sound wise it's the same as all iPods, they all use the same software/hardware for music conversion and playback.

When I see what Creative and SONY have coming out it make me wonder why people buy iPods.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2005, 09:03:04 AM »
because they're hip and chic, duh!

actually, the reason for a lot of people is brand loyalty, I suspect. which I'm not going to argue the merits of.

but my main concern is space. The biggest ipod is $400 with 60GB. THe biggest creative labs one is 60GB at $300. I guess I know which I'm buying
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 09:07:49 AM by SaintEhlers »

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2005, 11:16:36 AM »
I bought a 30Gb Creativ about a year ago for a hundred bucks less than an iPod and have been well pleased.  I like.
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

Legion

• Level 9
  • I am many within one
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2005, 11:27:33 AM »
my girl friend just bought a creativ about a month ago, the screen stop displaying anything about 2 weeks after she bought it.  That is my only experiance with creativ so I do not like them, but odds are it was just a fluke
Without death there is no life

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2005, 11:33:38 AM »
Well, creative *knows* sound. "SoundBlaster" is virtually synonymous with "sound card," and it's a creative brand name.