Author Topic: Hey 42!  (Read 3574 times)

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
Re: Hey 42!
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2006, 03:20:06 PM »
Parts of California are greener than the Utah desert and California has some nice vacation spots. However, I would prefer to live in Utah because of the lower cost of living, lower crime rate, less smog, fewer earthquakes and forest fires. ect...

However, I can't live in Utah because it has way too many half-hearted Mormons and too many relatives. So I consider both California and Utah to be nice places to visit, but I don't want to live in either state at the moment.
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

Oldie Black Witch

• Level 19
  • Speaker of Undead Languages
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2006, 10:29:36 PM »
I think the less smog thing is a myth. We had "unhealthful" air yesterday before it dumped two inches of snow last night.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2006, 09:15:06 AM »
I'd be interested in seeing some sort of numbers on the smog thing. I've not been to california, but all I know is that the air over SLC is *always* brown.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2006, 02:04:17 PM »
The reason for SLC and LA's smog has to do with the surrounding mountains, in both cities cases the dirty air can't disperse/escape.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

The Lost One

• Level 13
  • Good lawyers live well, work hard, and die poor.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2006, 03:52:49 PM »
Dr. Ardene Pope in the Econ department at BYU does a lot of research on smog in the SLC and other areas in the US. He might know which is worse but I believe that SLC isn't as bad as LA, San Diego, or San Fran. Not to say that air polution isn't a problem in any of these areas.
A peasant between two lawyers is like a fish between two cats.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2006, 04:07:00 PM »
It's very possible (probable, even) that you're right, jsut because of hte sheer volume of pollution sources in the major cali cities vs. SLC. But clean air isn't on my list of "why Utah's great." (I actually don't have that list, besides TWG members and Church leadership, and a few scenic natural locations, it would pretty much be empty)