Author Topic: This is SO cruel.  (Read 2979 times)

Slant

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
This is SO cruel.
« on: March 10, 2003, 07:48:29 PM »
I have seen the novelization of the new X-Men film already in stores (for about three weeks now)!  It is 400 pages and written by X-Men guru Chris Clairemont.  Every time I see the book in a store I must resist this massive temptation to buy the thing, or at the very least open it up and read a bit of it.  HOW CRUEL for all of us who want to be totally surprised when the movie comes out to have it on store shelves some two months before the film's release date.  What on earth were they THINKING?
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: This is SO cruel.
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2003, 10:37:22 PM »
Isn't X-Men a Miramix film? Disney releases book versions months early as a pretty normal habit, but I think it's very weird of Miramax (or anyone else) to do it. Given that, and given the fact that trailers these days give away more and more of the story, it makes you wonder if they even want to surprise us anymore.

In some ways, I think that Shyamalan ruined movie surprises for everyone. Half the movies that come out now feel like they have to include a "shocking" twist that redefines the movie in the last ten minutes; the other half thinks that if your secret isn't quite Shyamalan-esque, there's no sense keeping it secret.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2003, 10:37:30 PM by Fellfrosch »
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Slant

• Level 13
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2003, 02:27:00 AM »
Yeah, like the surprise ending of X-Men 2 where we find out that Nightcrawler is just another one of Mystique's identities.

I'm just KIDDING folks.  No spoiler, I just made it up.

Aren't I evil?

:o
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Lord_of_Me

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2003, 12:44:59 PM »
actually nightcrawler is mystiques son

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2003, 01:33:02 PM »
Gee thanks Ismir, those spoiler warnings really prevented the ruination of the plot.  ::)

Mind you, the cartoon show revealed the whole deal with Rogue anyway, so its not like im a starry eyed X-Men novice. i know the peeps names!

On that note, rogue was always my favourite character in the cartoon series. Then the film had her be some dorky, and rather plain, kid who had to be rescued. talk about boring.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2003, 03:41:43 PM »
Umm i'm pretty sure X-2 is Sony/tri-star not Miramax Fell.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2003, 05:30:23 PM »
That sounds right.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

• RPG Editors
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2003, 12:04:02 AM »
Sorry, you are both wrong. It's 20th Century Fox.
Go to their site:
http://x2-movie.com/
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.