Author Topic: Black Library  (Read 2118 times)

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Black Library
« on: March 14, 2003, 05:49:47 PM »
I suppose this should go in the Tabletop thread, but im talking about books.

So tell me people, what do you think of Black Library, Games Workshops fiction publishing wing, and their books? I read the PDF preview for "Storm of Iron", found... here and immediatly ordered the book. Damn, that looks incredible.

Better yet, GW have finally cottoned onto the fact that, y'know, we fans like knowing about the background of our armies. They realised they could make money out of this, and so have created the guide to Khorne. GW plans to make another 3, one each for the other Chaos Powers. while £15 for a 96 page book is slightly excessive for normal book standards, but GW's standards its positively cheap. (£15 is the amount paid for a plastic box set for those of you not fortunate enough to be british).  This kind of thing is just what is needed - GW have created a incredibly detailed and well crafted pair of worlds,  and its a crying shame there isn't more information on them. Personally, id be prepared to fork out for a book of this ilk that talks about the Eldar, or the Tau. Both of these races are fascinating, and horribly under-developed compared to what GW could do with them.

Oh, and is it just me, or do these background books kinda look like the first step towards a 40k RPG? that would require a lot more background info than is presently available.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Lord_of_Me

Re: Black Library
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2003, 08:29:40 AM »
I've got all the gaunts ghosts books and a chaos one (i'm not sure what it's called. I read them just as books, not as sourcebooks or anything.
The Necron one though looks like it should go with the codex