Author Topic: Reviews  (Read 1661 times)

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
Reviews
« on: July 14, 2003, 03:32:15 AM »
So, I think I'm going to start doing book reviews.  I have pretty much left webcomics alone for a while.  I think I have to focus more on something closer to my own chosen profession, and it will do me good to think about the books I read more critically.

So, I'll try and develop something of a sub-breakdown of review categories like I did with webcomics.  I'll want to look at specific aspects of the novels.  Any suggestions for what you would want to see in book reviews?  I'd rather like to nail it down the first time, so I don't have multiple review categories running around like I did with webcomics.
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Reviews
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2003, 08:56:35 AM »
Ok, I just read the first review. And I think your approach is even and complete enough that I learn what I want to know.

One small suggestion, though, italicize titles instead of underlining. I know that's not what you do in a draft, but the web should be considered a publication. And bold for emphasis instead of underlining. On the Web, underlining means a link usually. If you use these other formatting options, I think that it will be easier to read.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
Re: Reviews
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2003, 05:43:19 AM »
Yeah, I thought of that after I posted it, but was too lazy to go back and change it.  Maybe I'll rouse myself to it later.
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch