Author Topic: Victoria Walker found!  (Read 1641 times)

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
Victoria Walker found!
« on: May 03, 2004, 11:46:12 PM »
So, I've been reading up on Gaiman's journal lately and have found that he was asked about a Victoria Walker and her two children's books from back in the '70's. "The Winter of Enchantment" and "The House Called Hadlows." Those are the two books. And now she's been found.

http://www.ibooknet.co.uk/archive/news_may04.htm

A few words from Gaiman:
"And then I got that strange tingly feeling you get when someone mentions a book you'd loved once and half-forgotten almost for forever -- in this case The Winter of Enchantment, which was on the shelves in my local library when I was about eleven, and which I remember as being utterly magical, although the actual what-happened is a confused sort of jumble of magic mirrors and cats and the four seasons and victoriana. I did a web search and learned nothing except that Garth Nix has really good taste in kids' books."
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: Victoria Walker found!
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004, 03:55:03 AM »
That's cool. I love hearing about things like this. I also had fun reading through the forum thread that rediscovered her.

Reminds me of how I read through the archived St. Paul Staronline forum thread "Minnesota Governor Election" when Jesse Ventura won. It was amazing to see how things evolved over the months.
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!