Author Topic: A book for Jam  (Read 2102 times)

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
A book for Jam
« on: May 19, 2004, 01:30:11 PM »
More than forty-six million soldiers and civilians perished in World War II, not counting the more than five million Jews killed in the Holocaust. Whole cities were bombed for the express purpose of killing civilians by the hundreds of thousands. And yet this war is known as "the good war" on the grounds that the aim of the Allied nations of Great Britain, the United States, France, the Soviet Union and China, and the outcome of the war, was to save the world from being enslaved by the Axis (Fascist) nations of Germany, Italy and Japan, who intended to establish a "master race" tyranny worse than anything he world had ever seen. That is the official view of the war - the one we have all been taught - but presented here in THE PEOPLE AS ENEMY is a very different, very disturbing view. Spritzler argues that the aims of the national leaders were not democracy and self-determination, but were, as wars generally are, opportunities to suppress class rebellion - to intimidate working people everywhere from rising up against elite power. This analysis also offers insight into our current political climate as Spritzler furthers his argument by claiming that the myths of World War II are the same myths now being used in the "war against terrorism" to control people and pursue ends that have nothing to do with protecting people from terrorism, making this a bold, shockingly relevant work of history.

/me chokes to death trying to laugh while eating his crumpets
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: A book for Jam
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 01:51:29 PM »
I think I saw a few Fnords around here.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 01:53:03 PM »
now now, Entropy. You shouldn't mock other peoples' beliefs before hearing what they have to say.

You should find out what his arguments are first. THEN mock him

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 01:55:57 PM »
oh I think Entropy has talked to JP over AIM enough to skip right to the mocking. ;D
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004, 02:18:59 PM »
oh, i meant the author of the book.

JP Dogberry

• Level 41