Author Topic: Eragon  (Read 5913 times)

lehea

• Level 2
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Eragon
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2007, 11:34:12 PM »
I read Eragon a good two years ago (almost 3) and was amazed.  I should read it again before I see if I can get my hands on Eldest.
weee!

amyface

• Level 3
  • Fell Points: 0
  • coolbeans!
    • View Profile
Re: Eragon
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2007, 04:10:02 AM »
...I work in a library and know most librarians here anyway like the book. I really enjoyed it but I havn't really read all that many "super fantasy" (as I like to call them) novels in my day... I have read all 2.5ish of Brandon Sanderson's books and have noticed there aren't many books that compare in my eyes...

I liked reading Eragon because it was fun and easy. I could follow it without taking notes (which I've had to do because I can never remember the far out crazy names fantasy writers and others use) and I didn't need to read it twice to understand it all (well technically I listened to it on a long car ride then went back and read it so I guess that could be twice) but I understood it in audio, which can be difficult. (run-on sentence)

I think it's a great starting place for young fantasy readers, (it is in the YA section of my library) and also good motivation for young writers.

-I was very disapointed with the movie though, it seemed like a movie for 8-12 year olds...
Dude, no no really, DUDE!