Author Topic: First Dance--Book Signing  (Read 1364 times)

Chimera

• Level 31
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Do I look pasty to you?
    • View Profile
First Dance--Book Signing
« on: July 01, 2006, 06:22:44 PM »
My good friend Paul Linsley is going to be doing a book signing of May I Have the First Dance? at the Barnes & Noble in Orem on July 14, 2006. He is the illustrator, and the author will be present as well. The best part is that with every book purchased not only do you get the author's signature but you will get a free caricature in the book by the illustrator! Paul is an amazing artist and his caricatures are really great, so this is a lot of fun. I'm going to be there, too, so that alone is reason enough to come!  ;D

The featured book May I Have the First Dance? was recently endorsed by Dr. Laura on her radio show. It is a beautiful picture book about a loving father-daughter relationship. Copies of the recently released Bobby Stellar, Space Kid, will also be available, which was written and illustrated by Paul. (I love this book!!! It is the best of the three they have done, in my opinion. The humor is so on and the art is amazing. It was just released yesterday, so I'm really excited.)

All three of the books by the Linsley's are available online at Amazon.com, at book stores in the U.S., or through Higher Ground Press.

Please come and support great writers and illustrators! And I'd love to see you all.   :D

Date: Friday, July 14, 2006
Time: 6-10
330 E 1300 S (off of University Parkway, in the same complex as Burlington Coat Factory)
Orem, UT 84058
(801)229-1611
« Last Edit: July 12, 2006, 03:53:53 AM by Chimera »
There is just no way you are the pine-scented air. --Billy Collins, "Litany"

Chimera

• Level 31
    • View Profile
Re: First Dance--Book Signing
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 03:54:38 AM »
I updated it with the correct time. Hope to see some of you locals there! I'll probably be in the graphic novel section of the bookstore, pursuing my new love...

Chimera

• Level 31
    • View Profile
Re: First Dance--Book Signing
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 01:00:21 PM »
Okay, I'm reviving this thread for a purpose (read that, newbies, for a purpose) rather then starting a new thread. The Linsley's are in town again and have two book signings this weekend. So, if you couldn't go last time and desperately want their books, or if you want another chance to get Bobby Stellar, come! :) Bobby Stellar will be available this time, but Paul recommends getting there early to ensure getting a copy. They sold far more than he expected at the LDS Books Con and he's not sure how many Borders will have...

Both are at Borders this time. Tonight, Friday Aug 18, at Provo (in the Riverwoods shopping center) starting at 7:00 pm. Tomorrow, Sat Aug 19, there will be a book signing in SLC at the Murray Borders (132 E Winchester St is the exact address, near Fashion Place Mall) starting at 2:00 pm.

I will be at the Murray one for sure, and I'm going to try to go to the Provo one tonight. I just like hanging out at book signings, I guess. Preparing for when I have my own.  ;)