Departments > Books

What are you reading, part 3

(1/369) > >>

fuzzyoctopus:
Well, "What are you reading part 2" is three pages back so I'm going to start a new  one.

I just finished "The Gate to Women's Country" by Sheri S. Tepper. This also fits into my "what classics should I be reading" question from ages ago, as post-apocolyptic feminist dystopias are not really my favorite thing in the world.  But I decided that since I'd never read any of her books I should try a few.  Got two more on my night stand and am going to give them a try.  "Gate" was pretty good, but obviously, depressing, and I'm just not into depressing right now.

I'd have enjoyed it more if I were reading it for a class, instead of for fun. It seems like the kind of book that's much better if you're reading it for analysis.

medrx:
I'm re-reading Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series.  I know it's sort of an old one, but I'm catching up.  I'm sort of surprised nobody here has mentioned them, yet.  I know it takes him a while to fork out a book, but it's a fabulous series.

fuzzyoctopus:
We tend not to mention them because some of us like them and some of us hate them and we've hashed the argument out so many times we have nothing new to say on the subject.  

Harbinger:
Greenwitch, of the Dark is Rising sequence. Some of my favorite books as a kid.

Parker:
Just finished Vernor Vinge's Fire Upon the Deep.  I haven't read nearly as much sci-fi as I have fantasy.  I thought this book was a great read--very well done, and an excellent example of the strengths of the genre.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version