Author Topic: Lord of the Rings Special DVD  (Read 4619 times)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Lord of the Rings Special DVD
« on: November 12, 2002, 02:40:27 PM »
Got it, but one problem the movie is on 2 Disks! you have to change halfway though. >:(
« Last Edit: November 12, 2002, 02:41:09 PM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
Re: Lord of the Rings Special DVD
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2002, 06:33:46 PM »
Dang Nabbit, Spriggan! You beat me to it.  I was going to dub today "Geek Day '02" since the extended LOTR and Episode II both came out today.

I can't wait to watch LOTR...I have waited since it was in theatres to view it again so it would feel like new.  I'm going to pop it in in mere moments, I believe.

;D

Slant

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2002, 11:51:33 PM »
I don't know about the rest of you, but I feel sort of angry that they put out the LotR DVD months ago and now they have put out the "new and improved" DVD with all the goodies on it, essentially saying "yeah, we're sticking you twice because we know that you're gonna shell out the money for the new version, too."

That said, the special edition of LotR is DEFINITELY worth it!!  
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Slant

• Level 13
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2002, 11:53:24 PM »
oh, and Spriggan, who is that supposed to be on your new icon?  I'm having some difficulty figuring it out.
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2002, 12:14:43 AM »
setsuna from "the last blade" a cool fighting game from SNK (samuri showdown, King of fighters), that takes place in turn of the century Japan.  That Pic is a little small and hard to see so...

« Last Edit: November 13, 2002, 12:15:06 AM by Spriggan »
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2002, 12:46:31 AM »
Slant:  At least they announced that there were going to be multiple editions of LOTR before they even released the initial version.  If I hadn't known that I would have been very upset because I would have bought the first version and then had this new one sprung on me.  Even with the warning, it took and immense amount of willpower to not buy it when it first came out.

Consequenltly, today's PVP covered this very same subject matter.

I wholeheartedly agree that the new version is worth it.  I haven't looked at any special features yet, but the extra footage is a really nice addition.  While there are only about 4 new scenes, virtually every scene gets some new dialogue or shots added.  Celeborn actually has more than one line now and Gimli finally gets his moment of character development in the gift giving scene.

****SPOILER WARNING****

Well, it looks like we most certainly won't be seeing the Scouring of the Shire as Sam only recieves the rope as a gift, now box of earth.  
« Last Edit: November 13, 2002, 12:59:47 AM by Mr_Pleasington »

Tage

• Level 29
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2002, 02:09:12 AM »
The extra scenes are nice and all, but changing DVDs half-way through the movie? C'mon, what are these, laserdiscs? I thought we got over that little annoyance years ago.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Slant

• Level 13
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2002, 03:24:41 AM »
Gimli rocks (no dwarf pun intended)!  Does anybody know if they plan to release yet another dvd version of Fellowship at any point?  And thanxx for clearing it up Spriggan.  It is very difficult to see the head of the character in icon form, but the larger form has a definite coolness factor.

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2002, 12:07:22 PM »
Unless they release some ultra-special edition when all three movies are out, I think that the extended edition and the collector's set are the last versions to be released.

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2002, 01:49:24 PM »
im not bothering with any of them, not until they release the 20 disk, 7 hour (+extras of course), 3 movie version. then im gonna sit down one weekend, and waste away in front of the TV. my new life ambition.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2002, 04:37:24 PM »
Heck, Entropy, you could do that now with the animated versions (and throw in the Hobbit to boot!)  ;)

Slant

• Level 13
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2002, 04:44:34 PM »
It's always good to have a lifetime goal, Entropy.  Shoot for the stars.  I don't know if I would risk it with the animated versions.  That Bakshi film alone is enough to give somebody psychotic symptoms.  As for the Return of the King?  Well, I have to admit that I really liked it as a wee lad and even knew all the songs by heart back then.

:o

And I just have to say, the name "Entropy" alongside an icon depicting a dancing banana.   It just does wonky things to my head, mate.

;)

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2002, 07:40:14 PM »
Well the reason for the 2-disks is because of the 4 audio commentarys!  Holy Crap!  Ok a directors and cast is cool, but writers, post perduction and design crew!  arggg I'm never going to watch all five.  

Note: sence no one can tell Who my graphic was I changed to something else.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2002, 08:39:31 PM by Spriggan »

Slant

• Level 13
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2002, 08:46:32 PM »
I dunno, I kinda liked your old icon once I got a good look at it.  What is your new icon suppsed to be?  It looks like some sort of never before seen weird man-spider.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2002, 08:51:57 PM »
It's Spider-man from Marvel vs Capcom 2!