Author Topic: I Am Trying to Break Your Heart  (Read 2493 times)

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
I Am Trying to Break Your Heart
« on: November 18, 2002, 02:03:34 PM »
Excellent review.  Wilco has been one of my favorite bands for years and the documentary was absolutely wonderful.  

Glad to know I wasn't the only one who saw the film.

Slant

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
Re: I Am Trying to Break Your Heart
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2002, 05:27:24 PM »
Nice to know that there are other people who like Wilco.

;D
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Kid_Kilowatt

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2002, 06:27:08 PM »
Seeing that a few Wilco fans are lurking hereabouts, I have a good excuse for posting some cool Wilco news:

In January, Drag City Records is releasing "Loose Fur", a Wilco side-project made up of Wilco's frontman Jeff Tweedy, drummer Glenn Kotche, and the band's producer/mixer (and Sonic Youth guitarist) Jim O'Rourke.  The full-length album is only six songs long, so it may be more of the ambient, droney stuff (like the end of YHF).  Who knows?

I just found out about this today: In February, Yep Roc Records is releasing "Down With Wilco" by the Minus 5.  This record is a collaboration between Minus 5 (REM's Peter Buck and Young Fresh Fellows' Scott McCaughy) and the guys from Wilco.  I've heard great things about this one, so keep an eye out for it.

I've also heard talk of a Tweedy solo record in the works, but I don't know what's going on with that.

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2002, 06:28:48 PM »
I go waaay back with Wilco...I was a fan when they were part of Uncle Tupelo.  They're from a town not far from my hometown so I've always hoped they'd do well.

Consequently, the concerts they put on here in St. Louis are always a blast as they have friends, family, and fans from waaaaaay back around here.  Their encores go on for over an hour usually.