Author Topic: Birds of Prey  (Read 2360 times)

Slant

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
Birds of Prey
« on: November 21, 2002, 12:20:01 AM »
Has anybody else seen this series?  I'm looking forward to former playboy playmate Sung Hi Lee (one of my all-time favorite babes) to make her appearance as Shiva.  What do you all think of the series?
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
Re: Birds of Prey
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2002, 01:13:27 PM »
I've never watched it, because I thought the premise sounded lame. I haven't heard very many glowing reviews for it, just the occasional person who likes it.

I hear that it's getting the axe, by the way. Sorry to all you who like it.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2002, 03:07:05 PM »
I've seen most of the episodes so far, and while I've been interested in them I can't say that I've been outright impressed. The show does some interesting stuff, but doesn't take it anywhere--Huntress and the cop have the same conversation in every episode, practically word for word, and it's getting really old. It is amusing, however, to notice all of the out-of-work actresses they pull in for guest roles and recurring parts.

It's not exciting enough to be an action show, or funny enough to be a comedy, or sexy enough to be cheesecake. It could be any of these things, but so far it hasn't had the charisma to try. They need to stop being so tepid and just go for the throat, or it will indeed get axed and so one will mourn it.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Slant

• Level 13
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2002, 03:55:03 PM »
Birds of Prey has officially been cancelled.  Oh the humanity!!  (sob)  Oh well, guess it's back to reruns of baywatch to get in my weekly jiggle quota.
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly