Author Topic: WORST film of all time?  (Read 7656 times)

Tekiel

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Justin Bailey
    • View Profile
    • Tek's site
Re: WORST film of all time?
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2003, 12:38:06 AM »
I don't know.  I haven't seen that many movies, but I'm gonna nominate Star Wars Christmas Special for at least  a runner up to Kangaroo Jack or Battlefield Earth.
Ignorance is a common ailment.  In time, it goes away.  Unless it proves fatal.
"It is the writing of someone who assumes he has something to say." -Becca Manwaring

Slant

• Level 13
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2003, 10:03:24 PM »
As awful as the Christmas Special was (and in truth it was pretty stomach-turning) I still enjoy is just for the nostalga value.  Plus, animated Boba Fett could still whup any other animated character's butt.
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2003, 02:11:14 PM »
Ive got you beat,

Whoopi Goldberg's "The Telephone"
The most Godawful piece of trash I ever saw.

http://www.harrynilsson.com/movie-8-1690.html
« Last Edit: April 21, 2003, 02:15:39 PM by ElJeffe »
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Gargamel

• Level 4
  • Must... have... SMURFS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2003, 07:54:48 AM »
mission to mars is a really bad film and it made its way to the cinemas and even worse i saw it. man i feel so ashamed
Spends his life in pursuit of little blue guys in sissy white outfits and mentally abusing his cat. What does he plan to do with the blue dwarfs when he catches them anyway?
Gargamel is here to stay

Arathorn

• Level 3
  • Run Ronnie run!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2003, 11:21:44 PM »
El Jeffe did you use a search engine for that one?

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2003, 12:32:28 PM »
If you mean to find the review yes, if you mean to watch the movie .... no. I saw it. I wish I could cleanse my mind of it. It is horrible.......
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Chaosman

• Level 3
  • Pie, oh yeah, I like pie
    • View Profile
    • Ledgermain Comics
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2003, 10:44:43 PM »
One that I saw and hated? the 'new' version of godzilla. It made no sense in the end and Godzilla was just no his (her  ??? ) lovable self.
either that or the new Planet of the apes. It would have been great if they have ended it 2 minutes earlier.
A plan is something you make before its needed. A good plan is one you make two seconds before you need it.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2003, 11:16:40 PM »
well, not great, but tolerable.

and g-zilla isn't supposed to make sense as anythign but an excuse as a big lizard to run around. And that was fun for me. It was far from "worst"

Chaosman

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • Ledgermain Comics
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2003, 11:40:43 PM »
I just expected the old, lovable radioactive lug. The movie had his name, but none of his style
A plan is something you make before its needed. A good plan is one you make two seconds before you need it.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2003, 08:25:13 AM »
yeah, that would be disappointing. I've found that likeing or not likeing movies has a lot to do with the expectations set and then either fulfilled or crushed. I don't think I expected anythign like the old movies though. The commercials were pretty clear to me that there was a new feeling to it.

Slant

• Level 13
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2003, 12:43:20 PM »
The only thing I found entertaining in the godzilla movie was Jean Reno doing his Elvis imitation.  I paid six bucks for two seconds of entertainment!  Ugh!  And Planet of the Apes was a debacle from start to finish.  Awesome ape costumes, godawful script, wooden acting, and a horrible ending.
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Chaosman

• Level 3
    • View Profile
    • Ledgermain Comics
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2003, 06:39:22 PM »
To be honest, I had no hopes for a decent Heston-less Planet of the Apes and thought that for what it was, the movie was bearable (i.e. I can sit through it if I had to), but the end had me wishing there was more movie so I could walk out on it.

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2003, 12:37:56 PM »
I would like to take this moment to say . . . I've never seen Titanic. I've never seen Pearl Harbor. And I never will.

If the worst movie was just a bad movie that I've actually seen, I would have to say My Boyfriend's Back. Ten points if you even know what I'm talking about.

If the worst movie was one that I saw that dismally fell short of my expectations, it is Star Wars: Phantom Menace hands down. I was so excited for that movie, I watch the trailers over and over. And the movie was just . . . blah.
" If i ever need a pen-name I'd choose EUOL, just to confuse everyone. " --Entropy

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2003, 12:44:56 PM »
Oh, hey Izzy. I was wondering who that was...

You know, one of the funny things about Star Wars: TPM for me was that I really loved it the first time. I really did. It wasn't until I'd seen it many times that I realized how flat the acting was. And I still don't think it's a bad movie. It's a very fun movie; just with bad acting.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2003, 01:15:30 PM »
SW:TPM was... uninspiring for me. Yeah, its star wars. Yeah, light sabers. Very nice. I had lotsa problems with it, mainly that there were a) no stormtroopers b) no darth vader and c) it was so *dumb*.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2003, 02:29:17 PM by Charlie82 »
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch