Author Topic: T3 ...contains Spoilers  (Read 1277 times)

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
T3 ...contains Spoilers
« on: July 07, 2003, 02:00:00 PM »
Im not a huge fan of the Terminator franchise, because I have problems with the inherent paradox of time travel. The third Terminator movie is a good addition to the series but a little flat. Just like The Terminator and T2 center T3 focuses on John Connor and the cybernetic Terminator sent to destroy him. Only this time Skynet has begun by Terminating Johns future lieutenents (all teenagers). John has lived the last ten years off the net (which is a nice way of saying homeless vagrent) and has returned to LA well because he needed to steal drugs from a vet hospital. The hospital that happens to be Claire Danes hospital. Claire Danes is on TX's hit list (she's Johns future wife and almost past girlfirend)
and the lynchpin of the whole story so far. See her dad is the project teamleader of Skynet the insane computer program that wants to destroy the world.

Fighting and fleeing ensues....

revelations are made....

Arnold reveals that John Connor is assasinated just before final victory by a terminator... er... well himself. And that Johns wife is the one who reprogrammed him and sent him back.  

blah blah...

Armageddon.

Ok, the final message of the movie seemed to be that the future cant be rewritten with JC and wife trapped in an old civil defense bunker (with loads of 1960's commo gear) in touch with all the remnants of the US military.

You would think that their future selves would have tried to give them a little more info through Reese T1 the Terminator in T2 and T3.  

Also after seeing the ending with its voiceover about skynet being in all computer systems as a virus I was unclear about how they could ever shut down the core mainframe like they say they do to win in the first two movies. No mainframe, how exactly does humanity thats been bombed back into the stoneage win?
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
Re: T3 ...contains Spoilers
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2003, 02:20:26 PM »
I think there's a simple answer to your question. If they want to answer those questions(and some director out there will want to) they'll make another Terminator movie. If I did it, I'd like to have it go from the future backwards. If that makes sense and all.

And for this third Terminator movie... well it was bland, bright, and I think a bit far off from the first 2 movies intentions.

Sure the story moved the plot and stuff, but there was something missing that just got on my nerves. One of those things that I can point out after the movie ended was that great score from the first 2 movies. You know the tune, with the drums, and the tension building. Bum-bum-bum bum-bum. Bum-bum-bum bum-bum!
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2003, 02:33:12 PM »
Sadly I was rooting for the machines to win!

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2003, 02:57:44 PM »
I jsut saw this, and enjoyed it a lot. I might venture into a review of it.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2003, 01:57:29 PM »
A couple notes for Jeffe:

1) Do you mind if i steal your "homeless vagrant" comment for the review?
2) Skynet is a piece of software. Software needs somewhere to reside - a computer or whatnot. Before the war, it used the internet, but since we can assume the Internet died during the nukes, then it must have begun to inhabit a single computer. Since it now could not use the vast infrastructure of the internet, it would be wiser to make a ultra-hard fortress around the computer where it resided - the "core". So this is how humanity could nail the bugger.
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2003, 05:15:51 PM »
I don't mind,...