Author Topic: Daredevil SPOILERS  (Read 3365 times)

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
Re: Daredevil SPOILERS
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2003, 12:26:36 PM »
Who? I'd look her up, but I'm always afraid to search for women I've never heard of on the Internet. You never know what you'll find.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Lord_of_Me

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2003, 05:27:43 AM »
she's the vulcan in enterpris and her surname is spelt blalock

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2003, 01:07:11 PM »
Hmm. I suppose she could be cute, if she weren't trying to be an emotionless Vulcan. I have to admit I've never seen a very flattering picture of her, but I've heard from several sources that she's quite the looker in real life.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Nicadymus

• Level 9
  • Fell Points: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2003, 05:25:17 PM »
Try a google images search if you want to get a few pictures of her out of costume.
Boogie woogie woogie!!

Slant

• Level 13
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2003, 12:34:46 AM »
Do you mean out of costume as in butt-nekkid?  Seriously, she's the one good thing on this godawful new Star Trek.  Millions of male viewers are all just waiting for the inevitable Pon-Farr episode.
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Nicadymus

• Level 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2003, 11:07:44 AM »
mmmm....Female Vulcan Pan-Farr  :P
Boogie woogie woogie!!

Slant

• Level 13
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2003, 06:48:13 PM »
Well, back to talking about DAREDEVIL, does anybody remember the Hulk tv movie some years back that guest starred Rex Smith as Daredevil in an all-black costume?  Rex Smith was so dead-on as Matt Murdock that it was uncanny (no, wait, that's X-Men).  It also made perfect sense that a character who was basically an urban ninja would trick himself out all in black rather than red.  Wel, that's my opinion at least.
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2003, 11:15:57 PM »
well daredevil isn't getting very good reviews on rottentomatoes.com but hey it's a feb release and most movies that are released in this month are either ones that had limited release before for oscars or crap.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Slant

• Level 13
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2003, 05:02:07 PM »
BIG HONKING SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!!

Well, I saw Daredevil today, and while I can't say it was the best comic book adaption ever, it WAS much better than I anticipated.  Rather than bitch and moan about what I DIDN'T like (and there were a few things I found just plain dumb), let me just mention a dew things that I actually enjoyed:

The only way Daredevil can sleep is in a sensory deprivation chamber.  That was a brilliant little add-on.

Michael Clarke Duncan IS Wilson Fisk.  He was just perfect.

Colin Farril stole the show as Bullseye, the loony Irish hitman.  He really did a good job at injecting a lot of humor in what could just have easily been a one-note psychopath.  

Ben Affleck and Jen Garner have a great deal of on-screen chemistry. Too bad there wasn't enough of the two of them together.

The fight scenes were great!  The Matrix influence was too obvious in some places, though.

The big showdown in the church!  Kinda reminded me of The Killer.

Daredevil going from a vengeful vigilante to an actual idealistic hero throughout the course of the film.  I thought this was the movie's best idea.

Two words:  Joey Pants!

What did the rest of you think?  Anybody expecting Daredevil 2??

The coming attractions were even better than the movie.  The preview for League of Extraordinary Gentlemen just blew me away.  I think that one will be the sleeper hit of the year.  It looked even better than the preview of X-Men 2 which preceded it.  The Hulk was a surprise because, well... the Hulk looks like he is some twelve feet tall!!  I still have reservations, but it doesn't look bad.  Oh, and they showed the preview for Bulletproof Monk (finally!).  That is also definitely one for my "to see" list.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2003, 12:42:21 PM »
Ok, this is an outdated topic, but I thought I'd hit it, since I just rented the DVD (which was released yesterday) and saw it.

It exceeded the expectations set for me by everyone I'd talked to.

Which means it was an average film

I was expecting sucky, but even Ben Affleck pulled off a decent job (again, not great, just decent). There was a plot, and the one major problem I'd heard of (how does Elektra come back) wasn't a problem (hello, highly trained SWAT team members discover her with no killer nearby seconds after her heart stops, have you ever HEARD of CPR? at least ONE of those 20 or so guys is going to be able to do that).

I liked how they interpreted Bullseye. DD and the Flash have always had the stupidest enemies, which is part of what's held them back as characters, despite being so strong. Bullseye and Fisk worked really well.

But the plot was pretty generic and they directing didn't let us linger enough on moments that could be pretty powerful. And again, the acting was undistinctive. So it could have been handled better. A sequel may be possible, but I'm not holding my breath.

Oh, and Jennifer Garner is MUCH hotter than Angelina Jolie

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2003, 04:16:11 PM »
Good film. I liked how... dark it was. Almost film noir. Reminded me of Vampire: the bloodsucking even. His costume helped this; dark red, horns. Not a nice-guy outfit.

I have not read the comics. Maybe i should.

Okay, so afleck is not a good actor, but his performance had no real holes in it. Most everyone else did their jobs effeciently.

The action was good, the soundtrack was too... obvious. Maybe i am jsut too cynical and second guessey, but almost every song seemed like they were laying it on with the broad knife - very obvious choices. Journalist finds out his identity? Evanescence, bring me to life. Way obvious lyrics :|

But yeah. I liked it. Not the best film ever, but it was very solid i thought. My favourite of the super hero movies i think. Although i haven't seen X2 or Hulk. But it wipes batman out the water :)
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch