Author Topic: Doc Ock/spiderman 2  (Read 2487 times)

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Mama
    • View Profile
Re: Doc Ock/spiderman 2
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2003, 01:47:28 PM »
I couldn't remember the name of the movie! I'm sorry!

/me says 100 Hail Bruces in penance

(I'd watch AoD except I don't know anyone who has an edited copy of it)

And I didn't mean a sitcom. I meant I'd like to see him star in an adventure movie. But you're right, he probably wouldn't want to do it unless it was campy.

I just think the world needs more Bruce Campbell. That's all I'm trying to say.
" If i ever need a pen-name I'd choose EUOL, just to confuse everyone. " --Entropy

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2003, 02:46:49 PM »
lol, Spriggan your too much. Zina. Lol!

I've never watched the show or paid any attention to it.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2003, 04:04:53 PM »
Oh c'mon Spriggan. It's like something you would come up with as a teenager. Xena is just so awesome that it should be, I lost my train of thought. I have no idea what I'm trying to say anymore.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2003, 05:24:25 PM »
Bruce's two TV series of the last decade are

1) The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr. (Wherein he played a bounty hunter trying to avenge his murdered father against a time travelling criminal from OUR future and along the way invents a lot of modern ideas like drive through windows). This show was amazingly good. I NEED this show on DVD. Yes it was campy, but the writing, the acting, the ideas. Sheer brilliance.

2) Jack of All Trades (Wherein he was a sort of proto-superhero/masked James Bond in 19th(?) century France. He was American, but righted the wrongs of the French government.) This was too campy for my tastes. It's like it tried to feel like AoD or BCJ and instead got Dumb and Dumber. I didn't like it, and I felt embarassed for the great Bruce. I couldn't get into it, so only saw three episodes or so. Maybe I just saw bad ones. It was playing along with some Cleopatra(?) show which was even worse featuring three futuristic super agent girls. Jiggly, but ultimately even worse than Jack of All trades. If I remember right, both shows were 15 min. episodes so ran in the same half-hour block each saturday.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2003, 06:35:01 PM »
Jack of all trates was the time traveling one I was talking about.  it was an hour long.  Either Bruce's character or the female was from the future.  I forgot about Brisco County Jr., that was good.  Wasn't it a Fox show?
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Mistress of Darkness

• Level 37
  • Mama
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2003, 12:41:08 PM »
I used to watch Brisco County Jr. on TNT my freshman year. I liked it because it was "Bruce Campbell meets James West" (and I mean the 60s Western, not Will Smith's movie--I like Will Smith, but that movie stank). I wonder if it's still on? Comet was like the coolest horse/sidekick ever.

So, Bruce Campbell has been in Brisco County Jr., Jack of All Trades, Xena, Spiderman, AoD, and ED2. Anything else?
" If i ever need a pen-name I'd choose EUOL, just to confuse everyone. " --Entropy

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2003, 05:21:34 PM »
BCJ originally aired on Fox, yes. By the time TNT picked up in was already in syndication. The first season was something like 10 years or so ago. I don't know if TNT still shows it, although I'd be they do occassionally.

Bruce was also in the original Evil Dead (which was a b horror, not nearly as campy, and quite frankly, has some pretty sick scenes in it). The first 5 minutes of ED2 is essentially there to re-write/recap Evil Dead. You get the basic idea, but you miss that there were 2 other people in his group, and 2 hillbillies that they meet up there.

Here's a link to his filmography. He's done a lot of stuff, including TV and Video game voices (two video game "sequels" to the evil dead series are notable, as well as appearances in Escape from LA, Congo, and Fargo):

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2003, 12:53:38 AM »
I loved his cameo in The Majestic.  He was the actor who played the hero in the B-movie Jim Carrey writes.  It was a perfect little inside joke.
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch