Author Topic: NBC new line up  (Read 5091 times)

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Re: NBC new line up
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2003, 07:51:09 PM »
Maybe jello wrestling could be successful, but I'm not seeing it.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2003, 07:55:56 PM »
I don't really see awards as being a reason for me to watch something. Nor do I like to abide by what other people tell me. If I think something sucks, I'll say it sucks. If I like it, I like it. Otherwise I'm just gonna have to say that you're totally wrong about Wilow. And it wasn't really the character, it was the actor. Although, damn that guy she's marrying. She should have me instead. She would love the bejebus out of me.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2003, 08:01:31 PM »
The question isn't why you would watch something, but why a large group of people would watch something. I marketing, it is completely possible that something can be wildly successful even though you as an individual may not like. Simply put, people like things for different reasons.

Also, the people I have noticed who are successful in the creative arts, have significat concern for what other people think of their work besides wether they as an individual like it.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2003, 08:03:49 PM »
a hedgehog could love the bejubs out of you, Gemm.

Jello wrestling woudl be successful because Wrestling is successful. And it adds in the wholesome goodness of jello.

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2003, 08:08:03 PM »
It seems kind of faddish to me. Seems like something that would be part of a show like Bonzai or Fear Factor, not something that could be its own show for many seasons. And Jello wrestling isn't exactly a recognized sport like wrestling was at one time.

I need to get cast on one of those shows were I get to do nothing but criticize. What a sad existance.

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2003, 08:12:49 PM »
And I would like to add that you all need to work harder at coming up with good TV programing so that I can have my own television and film media conglomerate.

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2003, 08:29:20 PM »
I just want to act right now. You know, do the TV and Film making later. Just act.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2003, 09:35:45 PM »
Ah...Gilmore Girls. I *like* that show, and actively miss it when its not on, like now. They need to put it back on over here.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

House of Mustard

• Level 44
  • Fell Points: 3
  • Firstborn Unicorn
    • View Profile
    • robisonwells.com
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2003, 05:53:32 PM »
I'm into more specialized TV.  Back when I had cable (i have since moved and now only get PBS) I was either watching ESPN or the Food Network.  I also really dig Junkyard Wars on TLC.

I despise CSI, simply for the fact that the main characters are crime scene investigators and they should not be interrogating witnesses and being detectives - they should gather things up in plastic bags and then go back to the lab.  I can't begin to describe how much that bothers me.

The only prime time TV I watch with consistency is Law and Order (the original) and The West Wing.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2003, 05:54:29 PM by House_of_Mustard »
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier.

www.robisonwells.com