Author Topic: Willard  (Read 1374 times)

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Willard
« on: November 01, 2003, 01:57:08 AM »
So I just watched this movie. It's really quite classy. It seems to share a lot in common with Hitchcock's The Birds just with rats. And some of the rats give great performances.

Anyways, it good, creepy fun that I would recommend for a saturday afternoon.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
Re: Willard
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2003, 08:24:09 PM »
I love the scene with the cat!
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2003, 01:26:54 AM »
I almost feel bad for the cat. It didn't mean to bother them. The little dog, however, should have gotten a lot more. In fact, I think ben was bigger than that dog.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2003, 02:29:20 AM »
What really made the movie good was how many real rats they used in it.  On the website it says they trained over 500 rats for this movie.  It says Ben was played by an African Gambian rat, which is supposed to be the largest in the world growing from 4 to 7 pounds (regular rats get up to a pound).  IIRC, the dog was a Pomeranian, which are really small dogs, so it very well could have been bigger.  They also made it look even bigger with their little tricks in how they filmed it.

The original movie had a sequal called Ben, which I haven't been able to find yet.  I believe the song "Ben" was originally written by Michael Jackson for the sequal.  Its probably lame, but I love dumb movies anyway.

The new version is actually a good movie, but it didn't do very well at the box office.  I think that was mostly because they didn't show it hardly at all in theatres.  I actually tried to see it in the theatre and couldn't find anywhere it was playing.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2003, 01:32:56 PM »
Okay okay, I'm now thoroughly convinced I need to see this movie. I just wish I hadn't already missed Halloween, it'd be perfect for that.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

Eagle Prince

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 0
  • The Highwayman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2003, 03:24:10 PM »
Its a good Halloween movie, although I would compare it more to a Call of Cthulhu story.
I am the Immortal One hidden from the dawn; I am the Emperor-King after day has gone.