Author Topic: movie news  (Read 2414 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
movie news
« on: February 10, 2004, 02:57:41 PM »
The original Star Wars trilogy will be on DVD this September (yay!). Apparently, it will feature new making of footage and more commentary by Lucas (this according to the Washington Post). Only the Special Edition will be available. Hold on to those VHS tapes of the original edition. THey'll go up in value. Lucas intends to never release another tape/dvd of the original version of the Star Wars films.

In other news, Brendan Frasier is still on the short list to play Clark Kent/Superman. Still not sure how I feel about that. I don't like his voice for it, though I believe he can do it serious enough and he looks close enough. What's REALLY weird is that Beyoncé Knowles is in the running for Lois Lane. She wants us to pray she gets the part. The Superman Homepage fan site wants us to pray the other way. I'm not completely decided yet. Esp. If Brendan Frasier is the lead.

Finally, Wonder Woman. Charisma Carpenter has officially announced she wants the lead in the film.  I'm not sure about that, she's kinda ugly. On the other hand, there are (possibly 100% fiction) rumors that Sarah Michelle Gellar wants the part too. I think I'd prefer her though I'm not particularly excited about her either. She does, at least, have the fan boy market and how to deal with it down.

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
Re: movie news
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2004, 07:27:31 PM »
Ack! No more original version? I never thought you could entirely ruin the Star Wars movies with only 6 minutes of new footage until I saw those movies. They destroy the entire flow!
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2004, 07:59:09 PM »
feh, you exaggerate. In Jedi, the footage was pretty bad, particularly at the end. But in A New Hope I liked it.

Tekiel

• Level 11
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Justin Bailey
    • View Profile
    • Tek's site
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2004, 08:37:51 PM »
But, without the original version we'll never hear Mark Hamill call Leah by her real name at the end of . . . I think it was the first or second one.
Ignorance is a common ailment.  In time, it goes away.  Unless it proves fatal.
"It is the writing of someone who assumes he has something to say." -Becca Manwaring

Mr_Pleasington

• Level 35
  • Fell Points: 2
  • The only prescription, baby!
    • View Profile
    • Endless Hordes Wiki
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2004, 11:04:06 PM »
It was in the first one, right when the X-Wings get back to the hanger from blowing up the Death Star.

There are two specific things I would like taken out of the SE and then I would deem them "okay."

1. Greedo shooting first
2. The Ewok Song.  

Give me back my beloved Ewok sooooooooooooooong!

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2004, 01:11:30 AM »
I agree with MR.P, those are realy the only 2 things that bothered me about the special editions.  In fact I liked most of the addtions (like Jabba in a new hope).
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2004, 07:52:29 AM »
What I really wanted to see was Luke and his buddy watching the Star Destroyer capture Leia. Oh well.

Slant

• Level 13
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2004, 11:58:54 PM »
I liked the tiny bit in the redone RotJ where Boba Fett is flirting with Lyn Me.

And I would REALLY like to see them put in the oft-referred to, but never actually seen on screen cut version of Luke and Biggs on Tatooine (you know, the scene with Biggs wearing that cool cape).
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2004, 12:26:56 AM »
Apparently, no decent shots were taken of the Biggs scene.

It does make it into every Manga/Comic/Novelization though.

Slant

• Level 13
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2004, 05:33:32 PM »
How sweet would an action figure of Biggs in his Tattooine outfit be?
"If you're going to shoot, then shoot; don't talk!"  -Tuco: The Good, the Bad, & the Ugly

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2004, 05:46:29 PM »
they made one once Slant, but it was so cool a black hole formed around it and started sucking in all the uncool things around it (read: everything).  Now the action figure sits in the center of our universe, it's massive black hole keeping everything in orbit.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Slant

• Level 13
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2004, 07:22:43 PM »
All of a sudden, the universe makes a lot more sense....

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2004, 12:51:23 PM »
So in other news: Kevin Smith is making a big-screen adaptation of The Green Hornet.

Interesting, eh?
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Slant

• Level 13
  • Let's hunt some orc.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2004, 08:44:02 PM »
aaaaaaand once again the universe succumbs to inanity and ceases to make sense......

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2004, 08:54:43 PM »
Kevin Smith has realy got his work cut out for him, it's not going to be easy to convince people that Ben Afleck is the Green Hornet and Matt Damen is Kato.