Author Topic: School of Rock  (Read 1533 times)

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
School of Rock
« on: January 18, 2004, 02:16:13 AM »
So I went to see this finally at the dollar theater. I was impressed. It's actually really funny, particulary if you catch all the pop culture references. It's also really cute, but not so cute that you start to feel nauseous. And they even avoid cliche gross-out humor.

Though I should write a review, for the mean time I'll give it my recomendation for those of you who haven't seen it yet.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Re: School of Rock
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2004, 02:16:50 AM »
Also, Jack Black completely deserves his Golden Globe nod for the flick.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

EUOL

• Level 58
  • Fell Points: 33
  • Mr. Prolific [tm]
    • View Profile
    • Brandon Sanderson dot com
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2004, 05:55:10 AM »
Great movie--mostly because it so fit Jack Black.  He's never quite fit into the other movies he's done, but this one suits him perfectly.
http://www.BrandonSanderson.com

"Technically, I don't even have a brain."--Fellfrosch

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2004, 09:54:45 PM »
oh I dont know I loved him in High Fidelity....
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Sminja

• Level 10
  • Fell Points: 0
  • I'm the productive one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2004, 12:39:49 PM »
1Not just Jack Black, but the kid actors in this movie are great. I think it's out on DVD now...
"Look, if we're gonna cooperate with anyone at a time like this, it might as well be that hot chick over there!"-Cliff, Star Ocean: Till the End of Time

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • Fell Points: 0
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2004, 03:30:25 PM »
yhea it's out on DvD, I own it for that, but yhea it is an absolutely hilarious movie just last night my brother and i watched, kinda spooky... i think it fits jack black perfectley cuz the character in the movie is a total freak who writes absolutely ridiculous songs, and well jack black is a toatal freak who writes absloutely ridiculous(good) songs, i highly suggest for those who havent een it to g o watch it and if you've never heard tenatiousD to go check that out too.
Tappin my feet the the beat of original sin.
http://thenauticalcamel.blogspot.com/