• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
SGC2C
« on: August 07, 2004, 09:55:42 AM »
So anyway, much to JP's annoyance, I've been watching all my old tapes of Space Ghost: Coast to Coast. (I have something like 8 hours of the stuff, so it's been a good chunk of the week.) This is where most of my quotes lately have come from.

I can't believe how fricking brilliant this show is. Where Zorak and Space Ghost start calling each other names: whig! Tory! Rabblerouser! Federalist! Hey, love it or leave it pal!
Zorak's sarcastic comments that show a much greater philosophical understanding than a cartoon character villain/band leader should have
Moltar's perfect portrayal of a well... normal person -- who likes CHiPs. The way they mock these guests.

Oh, and the Sonny Sharrock theme song. Yeah.

Anyway, this show is pure genius. I love it, and i just wanted to go off on that.

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: SGC2C
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2004, 11:43:04 AM »
Ya it was realy good until they decided to bring it back last year.  Was probaly 5-6 episodes and...Well... they realy, realy, realy sucked.  It was a case of trying too hard, and just trying to be as silly as possible with out any actualy humor in it.  Kinda like how Sea Lab is now.  AS obvisouly realises they're problmes with actualy keeping shows funny for long periods of time, that's why they usealy drop them after 4 seasons (like Aqua Teen Hunger force).
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2004, 04:19:46 PM »
I haven't seen it lately. These are all from the original season. All of the ones I have are from the first 25 episodes or so. So I have classics like "Tonight on Space Ghost: Chart toppers David Byrne and Donny Osmond" and such.

Yes, it was all non-sequitors and bizarre sequences, but it (at least the oens I've seen) are loaded with intelligent references and wonderful sequences that grow out of each other. Meta-reference, subject changes, and the ocassional changing the questions after they've taped the interviews make it super cool.

Sad to hear it's been messed up.

Maxwell

• Level 30
  • Fell Points: 0
  • JewManG!!
    • View Profile
    • why not?
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2004, 01:27:00 AM »
space ghost was greate, back before it was on at like midnight, me and my entire family(parents too) would watch it nightly
Tappin my feet the the beat of original sin.
http://thenauticalcamel.blogspot.com/