Author Topic: Madagascar  (Read 1573 times)

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Madagascar
« on: November 05, 2004, 04:51:27 PM »
So I just saw a preview for this. It's one of dreamworks next animated projects.

Just one thing to say: HOMICIDAL PENGUINS!
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Skar

• Level 54
  • Fell Points: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Madagascar
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 07:09:07 PM »
SERIAL KILLER SLOTHS  Hahahahahaha!
"Skar is the kind of bird who, when you try to kill him with a stone, uses it, and the other bird, to take vengeance on you in a swirling melee of death."

-Fellfrosch

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2004, 10:04:07 PM »
I don't remember seeing the sloths in the trailer, but the penguins are definitely there. As drawn by Fuzzy.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004, 10:46:13 PM »
i uh.... can't get excited about that studio's work. I try, but I can't.

I did notice that they always release several months away from a pixar flick...

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2004, 11:54:53 PM »
well, if you made a full length digitally animated film, would you release it near a pixar film?

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2004, 07:12:04 PM »
i uh.... can't get excited about that studio's work. I try, but I can't.

I did notice that they always release several months away from a pixar flick...

Saint, I TOTALLY agree.  While the idea of psychotic penguins amuses and intrigues me, I have been too often disappointed by Dreamworks.  Dreamworks desperately wants to be Pixar, and .... well....
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2004, 10:47:35 PM »
??? The shrek movies are much more enjoyable the any Pixar movies.  Ya Pixar movies have a certain charm, yet I don't enjoy watching them repeatedly, which I do with Dreamworks.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2004, 10:50:25 PM »
 Ya Pixar movies have a certain charm, yet I don't enjoy watching them repeatedly, which I do with Dreamworks.

Wow, I'm exactly the opposite.

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2004, 11:09:44 PM »
I have to go with Fuzzy on this one. I laughed durign shrek, but I've had no real desire to watch it again. Or the sequel.

HOwever, I always stop what I'm doing when my kids are watching Toy Story (either one) or finding Nemo and watch with. MOnsters, Inc is pretty repeatable too

ANd the INcredibles, I'll buy that the first day it's on DVD and watch it again and a again. That was a great flick.

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2004, 11:21:10 PM »
I have to side with Spriggan on this one. Finding Nemo was, I thought, one of the most over hyped movies I have ever seen. I did not see what was so funny about that movie. There were one or two parts that I enjoyed, such as the seagulls all saying mine, but they were spread too thinly. Shrek by comparison, not only had a good message, but was hilarious. I havent seen the second one yet, but by those two movies, the choice seems clear.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2004, 11:53:09 PM »
I actually didn't like Finding Nemo very much. It's the only one of Pixar's movies that completely fell flat for me personally.  (A Bug's Life wasn't that hot for me either, but oh well.)

But I think it's kind of cool that there are people who really enjoy each kind of film.

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2004, 01:13:02 AM »
I enjoyed A Bugs Life, but I don't really care to watch it over. I really like Toy Story 2, Finding Nemo and Monsters inc. I can now add the Incridibles to that list.

With dreamworks, I liked Shrek, but I really didn't care for Shrek 2. I want Dreamworks to do well, but they need better stories, not just humor.

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2004, 02:20:10 AM »
The difference, as I see it, is that Dreamsworks tells jokes while Pixar creates funny situations. I happen to enjoy the second kind of humor much more, but I still like the Dreamworks stuff.

Finding Nemo, as many have said, was far from their best story--it was mostly a visual movie, and the story was just along for the ride. Their real strength is in stuff like Toy Story 2, which was the best funny movie, best action movie, and best character movie we've had in several years, all at the same time.

(Yes, I admit some bias in my opinions on this matter. I happen to think that Pixar movies are very layered and imaginative, whereas Dreamworks movies tend to rely on jokes about Pinnochio wearing a thong. I laugh at both, but I only consider the former to be "great.")
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

Gemm: Rock & Roll Star; Born to Rock

• Level 57
  • I Am Your Worst Nightmare's Dream
    • View Profile
    • Perfect
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2004, 05:35:47 AM »
I liked Toy Story. I didn't like the second one though. I didn't really like either of the Shreks (don't ask why, I just didn't). Monsters Inc. was pretty cool, but Finding Nemo was somewhat good. Ice Age fares as a round-about good.

I can't really keep track of who's who anymore and who's doing what. I enjoy them, etc. I've lost my thoughts.
“NOTHING IS TRUE. EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED.”
                William S. Burroughs

“Who needs girls when you’ve got comics?”
                Grant Morrison’s Flex Mentallo