Author Topic: Smallpox  (Read 880 times)

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
Smallpox
« on: January 09, 2005, 09:02:50 PM »
I just saw this movie/special on FX.  I thought it was really interesting.

Set in 2002 it was about a terrorist who infected himself with smallpox in New York City and infected as many people as he could secretly.  Within two months it was a worldwide epidemic 'of biblical proportions', with over 60 million dead worldwide.  And it was told in the view of a documentary, which really added to the feeling you get from watching it.

Anyway, I enjoyed it and would reccomend seeing it next time it is on.  Did anyone else see it?  What did you think?
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
Re: Smallpox
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 03:16:28 AM »
Whoa. Sounds interesting. How plausible is it?
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

GorgonlaVacaTremendo

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 1
  • If we can teach a monkey to use a Rubic's Cube...
    • View Profile
    • Kinase Moves the Audio
Re: Smallpox
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 07:49:59 PM »
It seemed very realistic.  They even gave background research information on the bio-weapons talks during the cold war and how they apply.  Everything in it seemed like it could happen given the same circumstances.  Creepy.
"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other 'sins' are invented nonsense."
Robert Heinlein

"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

www.kinasemovestheaudio.com for a good time!