Author Topic: Elecktra  (Read 4159 times)

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Fell Points: 8
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
Elecktra
« on: November 22, 2004, 10:55:58 PM »
So, January 14th is the release date. Saw the trailer for it in front of National Treasure.

It looks really cool. They've taken the Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon/Hero approach to the cinematography, which I like.

And I like Jenifer Garner, even if she does need to eat a few dozen Big Macs.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2004, 10:56:12 PM by 42 »
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Elecktra
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2004, 11:13:53 PM »
I hated daredevil much less than others. I thought it was mediocre, but not terrible. I can definitely give Elektra a chance.

MoreDew

• Level 6
  • Fell Points: 0
  • Fire up the woodchipper, it's punishment time!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2004, 12:58:33 AM »
yeah, sign me up for Elecktra!  Any chance to see Jennifer Garner in a tight, revealing outfit is something I can not pass up.  I didn't think that DareDevil was all that bad.  If I had my choice, Ben Affleck wouldn't have been DD, but Jennifer definately worked for Elecktra.  
« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 12:59:45 AM by MoreDew »
gimme a tattoo of a butt, with a butt-shaped tattoo, right on my butt!

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2004, 02:10:27 AM »
Elektra is going to air the "Serenity" trailer too. We're still debating over whether or not to see it.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2004, 07:58:11 AM »
If Elektra gets a lot of bad reviews, I probably won't see it. At least not in the theaters, except maybe the dollar theater.

But the trailer pursuaded me to see the film. I thought Daredevil was mediocre. It would have been a lot better without Ben what's-his-name. I thought Jenifer Garner and the rest of the cast did a great job. Course it could have just been because that Affleck guys did such a bad job that he made everyone else look great.
The Folly of youth is to think that intelligence is a subsitute for experience. The folly of age is to think that experience is a subsitute for intelligence.

Peter Ahlstrom

• Administrator
  • Level 59
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Assistant to Mr. Sanderson
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2004, 12:18:35 PM »
I thought she was better in the average Alias episode than she was in DD (which I still enjoyed as a movie; my sister and I both came out of there with a "that was cool" feeling), but I'm still interested in seeing this movie if it gets good recommendations.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2004, 12:19:45 PM by OoklaTheMok »
All Saiyuki fans should check out Dazzle! Emotionally wrenching action-adventure and quirky humor! (At least read chapter 6 and tell me if you're not hooked.) Volume 10 out now!

Rican

• Level 5
  • What the hell am I?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2004, 04:41:00 PM »
All I have to say is that Jennifer Garner in a tight, revealing skintight outfit is something I can't wait to see on the big screen.  Who cares is the move follows DareDevil.  What I mean by that is that DD was a piss pore film that didn’t follow my standards for character or the comic book world we have seen in films such as Spiderman 1 & 2 and X-men 1 & 2.  Come on if you are going to be a superhero you need to bulk up and look the part.  Anyways DD was one of my favorite comic growing up, but Ben did such a poor job playing the role that my childhood dresm is gone. Oh well at least my adult dream are still on track

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2004, 06:12:32 PM »
I feel compelled to submit to you that if someone not portraying your favorite comic exactly how you want them to ruins your dreams, that you are very fragile and frankly, too subjectable to others' opinions.

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2004, 05:36:23 AM »
To be fair, Ben Affleck did severly tarnish the image of DareDevil. He didn't even do a mediocre job with the role. It was just plain bad.

I think it is best for DD fans to try and block out the image of Ben Affleck as DareDevil. Return to the more unblemished past of Daredevil as captured in the original comics. Then get a therapist to help you through your pain and send the bill to Ben Affleck for shattering all of your hopes and dreams. And don't forget to blame him for everything that has gone wrong in your life. Trust me, you will feel much better.

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2004, 09:57:59 AM »
Or just read Theater Hopper. He has one cahracter that attacks Ben Affleck with an axe at every opportunity. He often forces opportunities.

stacer

• Level 58
    • View Profile
    • Stacy Whitman's Grimoire
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2005, 08:49:51 PM »
So the trailers on TV are referring to her dying in Daredevil and coming back--so is Elecktra a character from Daredevil? Can someone give me a rundown of the general storyline? (I never saw Daredevil.)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2005, 08:51:07 PM by norroway »
Help start a small press dedicated to publishing multicultural fantasy and science fiction for children and young adults. http://preview.tinyurl.com/pzojaf.

Follow our blog at http://www.tupublishing.com
We're on Twitter, too! http://www.twitter.com/tupublishing

Mad Dr Jeffe

• Level 74
  • Fell Points: 7
  • Devils Advocate General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2005, 09:35:06 PM »
Elektra is Daredevils on and off again love interest, she was trained by ninjas and is an assassin for hire. In the comic she was killed by the hand a ninja clan and later ressurected by them if I remember right. In the movie she was killed by Bullseye.
Its an automated robot. Based on Science!

Fellfrosch

• Administrator
  • Level 68
  • Fell Points: 42
  • Walkin' with a dead man over my shoulder.
    • View Profile
    • Fearful Symmetry
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2005, 10:05:40 PM »
My understanding was that Bullseye killed her in the comics, too, as a way of making Daredevil mad.
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die." --Mel Brooks

My author website: http://www.fearfulsymmetry.net

• Staff
  • Level 56
  • Unofficial World Saver
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2005, 10:24:56 PM »
I think Elektra mythos as a whole has her dying a number of times. Not sure if the various deaths are meant to be related to one another.

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2005, 06:48:07 AM »
Jennifer Garnier. Ninja. Dibs.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy