Author Topic: Terminator 4?  (Read 1133 times)

mulchNator

• Level 4
  • Fell Points: 0
  • "Let's get the hell out of here"  Army of Darkness
    • View Profile
Terminator 4?
« on: April 22, 2005, 12:48:11 PM »
What's the news of Terminator 4?  Has anybody heard anything new?  I heard that Nick Stahl (John Connor), and Claire Daines (Girlfriend/Wife) in Terminator 3 will not be returning to fill their roles in 4.  Reason being that it will take place further in the future. :-/

Spriggan

• Administrator
  • Level 78
  • Fell Points: 31
  • Yes, I am this awesome
    • View Profile
    • Legacies Lost
Re: Terminator 4?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 01:14:12 PM »
Neither will Arnold, but the movie company is insistant on makeing it.
Screw it, I'm buying crayons and paper. I can imagineer my own adventures! Wheeee!

Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 10:22:35 PM »
sigh...Terminator 2 wasn't supposed to have a sequal. That's why they left no loose threads. That's why they destroyed EVERY chip, and then destroyed the main character.

I hate them for making the best movies ever and then trying to cash in with useless sequals.

The only direction I can see a decent terminator film growing from is set during the actual future at war. It would of course be nothing like the other films. That's the whole point; it's not a remake but an expansion of an interesting element.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

mulchNator

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 07:24:31 PM »
There was actually one loose end in Terminator 2.  Remember when he got his one arm wrenched up in the gears and ripped it off in order to maintain his pursuit of the T-1000?  They never return to retrieve the mangled part of his arm.

So maybe that is what set off Terminator 3?  I would have to say that even though, Yes it does get old repeating sequel after sequel.  Terminator 3 was not really all that bad.  I really thought the end was great even though it's open for part 4.

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 10:00:13 PM »
A mangled arm couldn't help. They only manged to develop the chip because they had an intact chip to work from. (Paradoxical, I know)
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy

mulchNator

• Level 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2005, 11:14:12 PM »
Still a flaw though, remember they did destroy a chip as well as the arm from the first Terminator.  I know that the chip is the key behind everything, but still interesting just the same.