Author Topic: Farscape: PK Wars (spoilers imo)  (Read 1246 times)

Entsuropi

• Level 60
  • Fell Points: 0
  • =^_^= Captain of the highschool Daydreaming team
    • View Profile
Farscape: PK Wars (spoilers imo)
« on: May 18, 2005, 08:56:14 PM »
Just watched this. A few points:

1) Orange girl, Sputnik, was cool and interesting in the 4th season, I really liked her character. In the PK wars she was more aggressively hot (and only barely looked nicer than before :P) but was a 1 dimensional yes man for scorpius. None of the characters depth was brought across, sadly.

2) Chiana looked slightly different. Probably makeup issues.

3) D'Argo's death was great. Just... what the character deserved I guess. One of the best characters in the 4 seasons, with a fitting end here.

4) That 2001 reference at the very end, the white room as john finally purges Harvey, was SO FUNNY. I nearly went into hysterics at it.

5) Having the ebil nurse being the nicey nicey leader was rather wierd. Kept expecting her to break out the stabby tools.

Overall brilliant. Lots of cool action, a really thrilling finale (who else wondered if john was gonna lose it and end up suiciding with that wormhole weapon?) and a truely fitting end to TVs best. :)
If you're ever in an argument and Entropy winds up looking staid and temperate in comparison, it might be time to cut your losses and start a new thread about something else :)

Fellfrosch

Tage

• Level 29
  • Fell Points: 2
  • That thing exing the machina? That's Deus.
    • View Profile
Re: Farscape: PK Wars (spoilers imo)
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 12:30:47 AM »
Yay, another Farscape fan. For a while as I was watching the end, I didn't really believe that D'argo was dead. When they named the baby after him, though, I was okay with it. I also realized that Sputnik girl died when the planet was swallowed, which made me sad, because like you said, they basically left her character in the dust then didn't even give her an on-screen death. Sad.

I still need to get this on DVD.
"The Maintenance Shed will sometimes spontaneously explode after being built."

JP Dogberry

• Level 41
  • Fell Points: 9
  • Master of Newbie Slapdown!
    • View Profile
    • Effusive Ambivalence
Re: Farscape: PK Wars (spoilers imo)
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 04:02:40 AM »
I call dibs on Chiana.
Go go super JP newbie slapdown force! - Entropy