Author Topic: Batman Begins *spoilers*  (Read 2182 times)

The Holy Saint, Grand High Poobah, Master of Monkeys, Ehlers

• Administrator
  • Level 96
  • Fell Points: 17
  • monkeys? yes.
    • View Profile
    • herb's world
Re: Batman Begins *spoilers*
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2005, 09:29:24 AM »
saw it.

It ruled

Kurtz rarely has anything worth trying to assimilate when he writes prose. The man should stick to comics, where he's actually good, instead of trying to talk about things, where he's basically a retard.

As for the microwave thing, I kind of wish they had made it a beam, or something, that they had to target something. As for it not affecting humans, I'm in with Sprig. You can accept a gas that instantly causes heart stopping paranoia in everyone, but you can't accept that humans aren't affected by the microwave? Or to make it broader -- you can accept that radiation can turn a man intoa  giant green freak, or that a yellow sun can give a man the ability to fly, yet you can't accept this? Please

I'm glad they blew away continuity. I'm more interested in seeing how this current envisioning can re-interpret those villains.

This film was an excellent example of a thoughtful superhero film. I thought the plotting was pretty tight. The characterization was excellent. I kinda wish that Christian Bale hadn't had to growl so much, but disguising your voice has to be done somehow. Most of the fight scenes were actually really well, done, I thought. The ninja scene at the end of his training rocked. You weren't SUPPOSED to follow that. This wasn't a martial arts movie. Batman is operating in a way that you are SUPPOSED to be confused by what he does. Normally, I agree with you about fight scenes, but the technique was about perfect for what they were trying to do in this film.

Oh, and I love the Scarecrow being tazered in the face.

Archon

• Level 27
  • Fell Points: 2
  • Master of Newbie Smackdown
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2005, 03:23:17 PM »
I thought that the fighting style was appropriate in some places, but not others. For example, I agree that it was cool how you couldn't tell what was going on in the scene where they were unloading the crates. However, if I remember correctly, when he was fighting Al Ghul on the train, they did the same thing, and it was annoying.
It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not. -Andre Gide
In the depth of winter, I finally discovered that within me there lay an invincible summer. -Albert Camus

fuzzyoctopus

• Level 57
  • Fell Points: 0
  • fearsome and furry
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2005, 02:54:43 AM »
I just realized this movie is so good because it has something for everyone.  Fast cars, cool fight scenes. Katie Holmes for the guys.  Cillian Murphy and his unearthly blue eyes for the girls.  And a soundtrack by my favorite movie composer.
I give it two thumbs up.
"Hr hr! dwn wth vwls!" - Spriggan

I reject your reality, and substitute my own. - Adam Savage, Mythbusters

French is a language meant to be butchered, especially by drunk Scotts. - Spriggan